Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Since papunta ka naman sa Puerto Princesa, pasabay na din, pupunta ako sa Ilocos Sur. Doon na ako mag babagong-taon."

I said to Hale who is now packing his bag for his trip to Puerto Princesa. His parents will be there to celebrate New Year and also his friends, he wanted me to go with him but I refuse because I have things to or more like, people to communicate with.

His brows shoot up. "Why can't you just accept my offer? Come to Puerto Princesa with me."

I smiled sweetly at him.

"I want to, but I have things to do after New Year. We'll just see each other a week before the enrollment of our schools."

"Wala na ba akong magagawa sa nakasaradong isipan mo? And what do you mean, things to do?" His brows furrowed and stopped folding his things to put all his attention to me.

He holds my hand and looked at me seriously.

"My mind is already locked and sealed. And don't worry about—"

"You can't just say that. Kapag hindi mo sasabihin ang gagawin mo, it's either you come with me, or you're staying here at Manila."

I bit my lower lip and looked away. Kapag sasabihin ko ang mga plano ko pagkatapos ng bagong taon, hindi niya ako papayagan. Pero meron akong gustong malaman, at sa kanya ko lang yun malalaman.

I don't want people risking their lives for me one day.

"I'll just meet someone—"

"Who is this someone?" He cuts me off.

"A friend, Hale."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes then stared at me cockily.

"Well can this 'friend' not bother when your BOYFRIEND will escort you?" His left brow was raised and his arms are crossed by his chest.

"HALE! You don't need to be a clingy boyfriend. You're being weird."

"Ayaw mo ng clingy? Ano ang gusto mo?"