Chapter 10: My Nutella Boy

Me: I love Nutella, do you, Andrew?

Andre: * wipes drool from his mouth* I love Nutella!

Ms Happy: it is soo good! We found some Nutella on the light switch this morning.

Andrew: *eyes brighten with excitement* did you lick it off? Or is it still there.

Ms Happy: Ms daisy did and she didn't save us any.

Andrew: * face becomes sad*

Me: did you come into the classroom after school yesterday?

Andrew: *looks nervous* no.

Ms Happy: are you sure?

Andrew: ok I did *leans in* can you keep a secret?

Teachers: * nod simultaneously*

Andrew: I keep stashes of Nutella everywhere!!

Ms happy: where? can you tell me one place?

Andrew: over there in the cabinet with the insects, at the back there is a piece of wood that comes out if you bang it.

Me: interesting and what would you use to bang the wood? Your hand, a shoe maybe a turtle?

Andrew: *looks at me funny* are you feeling ok Ms Dasliy?

Ms Happy: so what did you use?

Andrew: Philips pencil case.

Me: what do you do with the pencil case after you use it?

Andrew: well I get very excited so I just threw it in the air and I don't really think about it.

Ms Happy: ummm ok did you see anyone when you were coming or leaving the class.

Andrew: umm I can't remember. Can I go now?

Ms Happy: a yess

Me: soo we know it's not Philip and it solves that part of the mystery. We know why there was Nutella on the door and there was a gremlin sighting.

Ms happy: the plot thickens. Meet me after school in the office? We'll discuss our findings and our next steps.