Chapter 18: The End

I follow them out into the hallway a moment later but there is no sight of them. There is no way that they could have gone far, they have to be close by. I walk down the hallway when I hear hushed voices coming out of the storage room.

"Don't get involved Gooseberry!" The principal Whisper yells.

"I'm not I'm just saying it would be nice".

"Move Gooseberry." He interrupts.

I hear his heavy footsteps, his making his way out.

I set out on a run straight to the office. I bump into Miss Happy. I grab her hand " the Principle and Ms Goosberry are hiding something! I have to search his office!" I say.

"He just walked in, now is not the right time to go through his things."

"Distract him, all you have to do is talk to him, he won't be able to think straight," I say.

"And let you go in by yourself. I don't think so. Look let me talk to Miss Kyrtsis, she can come up with a distraction" she says.

She goes up to Miss Kyrtsis whispers in her ear.
Suddenly Miss Kyrtsis starts prancing around "everyone everyone" she calls out.
" I'm planning on entering this year's talent show and I wanted to show you all first".
She picks up a broom and starts to sing.
"This is my broom, his name is Boom Boom" she sings as she shakes her booty.
"He can sip tea"
She picks up a teacup and throws it in the air then catches it.

" common on let's go," Miss Happy says.

"I wanna watch this, it's actually fun!"

She pulls my hand and drags me into the Principles office and closes the door behind us. We start looking through his office when I spot a brown smudge on the side of his desk. I look at it closely. I smell it, it smells like hazelnut. I open the drawer next to it and all I see is tubs and tubs of Nutella. What in the world is going on.

"Daily, I think you need to come to see this," says Miss Happy.

I go to her and look into the pot in the corner of the room.

"What in the world are you two doing?"Booms Mr Mcmanpants.

"Maybe that's what we should be asking you! Why is my pet turtle in your pot?" I ask.

"He's in love with you, he did this to get your attention" Ms Goosberry comes into the rooms and says.

"His not I love with me"

"I'm not in love with her" we both yell at the same time.
"He loves Miss Happy"

"I love Miss Happy," we say at the same time.

"Jinks" I call out

" you are not serious," he says.

I punch his arm.

"Awww" he calls out.

"I was serious," I say.

"So why do you have my turtle?" I persist.

"Ok, I ran out of Nutella and I felt like some. I had a light bulb moment and remember that Andrew keeps some Nutella stored in your room. So I went searching for it. On the way there, I saw Miss Happy smile at me. I've always loved her so deeply and desperately, I just wanted her attention I was thinking of ways to impress her. Then I remembered how much she cares about her friends and I thought if I could help you with something you'd tell her how amazing I am and that she would notice me and fall madly in love with me. But there was nothing you needed my help with, so I took your turtle hoping that you would ask me for some help. I had it all planned out. Take the turtle, you ask me for help, I get the whole school to search for the turtle, after two days of searching I bring him to you. You run to Miss Happy and tell her how amazing I am. She falls madly in love with me."

"Why didn't you just take her class pet?" I ask

" her class pet is a stray pigeon, I wouldn't even be able to catch it". He explains.

I pick Jeremy up out of the pot, looking Miss Happy straight in the eyes I say " Miss Happy, ohh Mr Mcmanpants is a hero he saved Jeremy, I think you should marry him."

" that's not funny" Miss Happy speaks up for the first time.

"Well, I umm actually" Mr Mcmanpants stumbles on his words. He looks at me "you always wreck everything you know that!".

He gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring from his pocket " will you marry me Miss Happy and make me the happiest man in the world?"

"I umm, I, look I" she mumbles.

"She'll do it!" I call out.

She looks back at me.

"What? " I say " if you don't, imagine all the crazy stuff he'll do, you have to marry him."

"Ok, I'll marry you," She says.

I pick Jeremy up and walk back to class with him, I place him back in his tank and lock the door.
I make my way down the hallway and out of the building, I'm in the car park when I see a pigeon carrying a turtle in between its beak.

I can't believe this!
I just got Jeremy back! What am I going to do now!.

The End
Thanks for reading!

I Love you (you know who you are. Thank you for being an amazing friend.)