11. Brotherly Love

It's been a month since my first hangout with Mateo, and all I can say is I'm glad I accepted the invitation

It's been a month since my first hangout with Mateo, and all I can say is I'm glad I accepted the invitation. We have hung out almost every weekend and I have never been happier. There have been moments where I question myself on how I feel for him. But every time I think of that I push the thought to the back of my head.

Alison has been over the moon too. I guess putting it in simpler words Alejandro and her have gotten more closer. I even started talking to him and he is such a sweetheart to her. There's been times where I'm talking to Alison, and Alejandro comes up to her and wraps his arm around her shoulder causing Ali to giggle and blush.

Adam is still his goofy self telling us jokes as always. Although he is more involved at football practice and at games since he wants to make sure scouts are interested in him.

During lunch, we all sit together and enjoy our time talking about homework assignments or planning when our next hangout will be. I didn't expect my senior year to head in this direction but I'm all for it now.

Mateo is slowly getting me out of my comfort zone. Ever since laser tag, we have gone to try many different things. He has taken me paintballing, although when we went he stayed with me so I wouldn't get hit cause he said it hurts. Go-karting which was super fun since I beat him twice. And the last thing we tried was an escape room. Alison and I never tried it because we thought it would be better as a group thing. But Mateo showed me differently. That one had to be my favorite out of all of them. It was hilarious looking at Mateo's face trying to figure out the riddle.

I never thought I would say this but I actually like going to school now. Even though, the only reason is because I hang out with my new friends.

Waking up on a Friday morning, I look at the time and see that it's 6:50am. It's time to get ready for school. Getting up from the comfort of my bed and walking to my closet, I inspect my clothes for something cute but simple. Scanning the closet my eyes land on a dark green long sleeve and light blue mom jeans. I grab the clothes and change out of the pajamas I wore to bed last night, which were just a pair of shorts and a tank top. I put on the clothes and slip on my white Vans once I'm done.

Walking to my vanity and starting to work on my hair and makeup, I'm ecstatic of what the day will hold. After double checking myself in the mirror and seeing that everything looks fine, I grab my phone and see that it's 7:15am.

Once I'm out of my room and hopping down the steps, I grab my keys and backpack that I left by the door and yell out to Mom.

"Mom I'm leaving, I'll see you later," cheerfully letting her know I'm heading out. I am so excited to see my friends. Especially Mateo, there's something about him that just makes me feel complete.