40. When In New York

My eyes open slowly due to my sleep drifting away

My eyes open slowly due to my sleep drifting away. The sunlight is streaming from the window and lightning up the room. I look around and see that Veronica and I's clothing is scattered across the floor.

Thoughts about last night come back into my mind and I smile. I look down and see her laying on my chest peacefully sleeping. Her lips are parted slightly releasing light snores. Her warmth covers body due to our bare skin touching.

Last night was one I'll never forget.

"Are you sure? I ask her one more time and she nods. Even though she said she's ready, her face tells me otherwise. I don't want her to think that I'm inpatient and can't wait. For her, I would wait forever if that meant she was ready.

"I'm ready," she looks up at me and smiles. She's so beautiful. "I want this."

I nod my head and lean down to kiss her.

This night will forever be engraved in my mind."

Veronica starts to move and I look down at her with a smile. Her eyes start to open but close right away due to the sunlight. She nuzzles her face closer to my chest and lets out a sigh.

Beautiful.

"Good morning," I whisper softly and a sleepy smile appears on her face. Her eyes begin to open once again and she looks up at me through her lashes.

"Morning," she whispers back. I place a light kiss on her forehead and continue running my hands through her hair.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her as she moves a little. I extend my arm out so she can lay her head on my bicep. She turns to look at me once she's laying down again and smiles.

"Good," she scoots closer to me until our noses are almost touching. I close the gap between us and press a gentle kiss against her lips. "I love you," she says as she pulls away and looks at me.

"I love you V," I wrap my other arm around her and hold her tightly. God if I can just hold her in my arms forever I would. I feel light kisses being placed on my collar bone and I chuckle. She moves her head back and laughs lightly. Music to my ears.

"I slept super good. You tired me out," I laugh and stare into those eyes that make me feel loved.

"I'll never forget last night."

Her eyes soften and she has this glow on her skin. Her cheeks are a bit pink since she just woke up, her hair is smoothed down since I kept brushing it. The sunlight illuminates her and makes her look like an angel. My sweet girl. No one else can or will replace her spot in my heart.

"You're my everything Veronica. I love you so much and I would do anything to spend every moment with you." I grab her face gently and feel my eyes water. "I'm gonna marry you someday and when I see you walk down the aisle, it's gonna be a moment I will always think about. We're gonna have our own house and two little kids running around. Hopefully a boy and a girl," I sniffle and I see she's crying.