16. Sweetheart

Waking up for school is always the hardest

Waking up for school is always the hardest. I have to set a bunch of alarms just so I can wake up. What can I say? I am a very and I mean very, deep sleeper.

Letting out a loud groan, I sit up on my bed and stretch. I'll have to admit, I don't enjoy waking up early but I do enjoy getting ready. Reluctantly removing myself from the warmth of my bed, I walk up to the closet and look for an outfit to wear. Since it's October, I look for a sweatshirt that will be cute and comfortable at the same time.

After a couple of minutes, I find what I have been searching for. My white sweatshirt, light blue jeans, and my white slip on Vans. Yes I know the outfit is basic but who cares. As long as I look good and feel comfortable in it I'll be fine.

I walk into the bathroom to change and also do my morning routine, which just consists of washing my face and brushing my teeth. When that step is completely I head straight to my vanity to start fixing my mess of a hair and fill in my brows.

Looking at myself in the mirror I check my hair is in place and my brows look good. I've always felt self conscious about how I look. Alison is always telling me I look good and some days I feel like I do but other days I don't. Well, that's what society does to you. You see what other girls look like and start thinking stuff about yourself. But I personally think everyone is unique in their own way. No matter the things you do or say, you're your own person. Embrace it.

Picking up my phone from the night stand I see that it's 7:13am. I usually like leaving the house at 7:15 that way I get to school in like twenty minutes. I like arriving early, mainly because if I arrive late to class everyone will be staring at me. Grabbing my keys I make sure I don't have anything plugged in and then make my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

Mom went to her flower shop early today so she's not here. Dad is obviously at the hospital working. And lastly the only person who shows up whenever he wants isn't her.

Once I get my water from the kitchen, I'm on my way to my car. Locking the front door once I'm outside, I make sure it's locked by jiggling the door handle. When I'm sure enough no one will get into the house, I turn around and march straight to my car. My nice Mom car. My Nissan Rogue.

I've never been too fond of little cars, I don't mind driving them but I just like being spacious you know. Settling myself into the seat, I stick the key in so the car can come to life and turn on my music. Usually during the mornings, playing calm music keeps me relaxed. "Pluto Projector" by Rex Orange County plays and I turn up the volume.

What even relaxes me more is the path I take to school. It's a long street that leads into a neighborhood by school. The street has trees lined up on both sides of the road. The morning sun makes the trees look alive. It's like driving in a tunnel, all you see is random glimpses of light that the trees allow to enter. This is also the time I let go of any tension that I can. Knowing that once I get to the school parking lot everything will come back to me, I enjoy it while I can.