23. Meeting The Parents

The rest of October was spent hanging out with Alison and the boys which was super

The rest of October was spent hanging out with Alison and the boys which was super. Adam threw a Halloween party but I unfortunately did not want to go. So Mateo being the amazing boyfriend he is, stayed with me. We watched multiple horror movies while cuddled up next to each other. Obviously, Mom and Dad weren't home so I didn't worry about being caught.

I have yet told Mom about Mateo. Believe me, I want to, I know once I tell her it'll feel like weight being lifted off my shoulders. But I kind of want to tell Mom and Dad when they're together. I don't just want to tell one parent. It's better to just tell both of them at the same time and get it over with.

Mateo and I are at a good place, and I don't want to ruin it once I ask him. He already told his parents he's dating someone and they seemed very happy for him. Especially his little sister, I've talked to her a few times whenever Mateo and I facetime. She's the cutest little kid ever.

*ring*

Grabbing my phone off the nightstand I read the name and see it's Mateo.

"Hello," I say, laying back down onto the bed.

"Good morning V. How did you sleep?" He asks and I smile. "I slept really well. You?"

"I slept fine. Just that Mariana came in here during the middle of the night. I woke up and she was just next to me sleeping." I start laughing once he's done talking. Their relationship is cute, Mateo cares for her a lot. It's understandable after what happened with Marisela. 

Wanting to see Mariana, I push the facetime button and set up my phone on the pillow beside my head. Mateo answers and his face is covering the whole camera. "Umm excuse me, I want to see Mariana not you." I try to say with a serious tone, but of course Mateo just laughs.

"Ouch, that one hurt V." He says and moves around. The camera is then put in front of a sleeping Mariana, she holds her teddy bear and she looks adorable.

"Mariana," Mateo lightly shakes her and she starts to stir. He continues moving her until she blinks slowly, she still hasn't noticed the camera and I am trying my hardest not to say anything. She rubs her eyes with her little hands, her hair looks a little messy, and her cheeks are a light pink color. "Look who it is Mari," Mateo points towards the phone, she looks and her face lights up as if she wasn't just sleeping. I wave at the camera and chuckle.

"Veronica! Did you watch me sleep?" She squints her eyes and points her finger at the camera.

"Yes, but only because you look so adorable," I tell her and she smiles.

"When are we going to play together Veronica? I want to show you my toys!" Mariana exclaims and Mateo politely tells her to quiet down.

"I promise we will play soon okay? Now can I talk to your brother I have to tell him something." She nods her head and says bye. I'm assuming she walked out of the room because it got quiet once Mateo showed his face.