41. Can't Wait

As we walk to the tattoo place, I take in all my surroundings once again

As we walk to the tattoo place, I take in all my surroundings once again. I just can't seem to get tired of it. New York is way different than Texas, and I'm loving it. Walking hand in hand with Mateo just makes it even better.

"So you really aren't gonna tell me what tattoo you're gonna get?" I squeeze Mateo's hand and he looks down at me. He shakes his head and has a small smile on. "Oh come on."

"I told you it's a surprise." He says in a teasing tone.

"Yeah, yeah," I sigh. The tattoo place starts to come into view and I am very excited. Alison texted me before we left telling me that we should get matching tattoos. Of course I said yes. I mean, I'm getting my first tattoo with my best friend. What more could I ask for? She said we should get a little red heart. It's just up to me where I want it at.

Alison walks up to me and locks her arm with mine. "Are you ready? I decided I'm gonna get it on my wrist. "

I nod my head at her question and smile. "I was thinking that too. I can do my left wrist and you'll do your right."

"You're gonna get a tattoo?" My head looks up and I see Mateo with a raised brow.

"Well Ali and I thought it would be fun to get matching tattoos," he nods and opens the door to the tattoo shop. Alison walks back to Alejandro and all four of us walk inside. The wall to our right is black and has bright neon signs hung up on it. There is music playing but not so loudly, everything is how I pictured a tattoo shop to look like.

"Good afternoon," a girl at the front breaks my attention and I face her. Her black hair is slicked back into a low bun and she has multiple ear piercings, which I love. Her dark eyebrows are brushed neatly which I also love. Honestly she looks like she wouldn't work here but she seems really chill.

"Hi," Alison steps up and smiles at the girl. "I called earlier asking if you had space for us and you said to come at this time."

"Oh yes. Okay so who is getting what?" The girl asks and Ali turns back to look at me.

"She and I are getting a small tattoo and adding some ear piercings." She moved her gaze to the guys. "They are both getting some tattoos. I don't know how big or what they want, " she points towards Alejandro and Mateo. The girl nods and walks towards some guys in the back. She talks to them for a few seconds and then comes back to us.

"Okay so I will be giving you girls piercings and tattoos. Those two guys over there can get you guys started on what you want." She points to the guys in the back and they wave. Mateo and Alejandro start to walk over to them so now it's just Ali and I. "My name is Jaz by the way. Would you like to do the piercings or the tattoos first?"

I look at Alison and she shrugs. Mmm well I'm already used to getting my ears pierced so we can do that first. "The piercings." I smile at her and she nods.