Girl Meets Court Case

I've been staying at my dad's new apartment in New York. I started calling him dad after the Christmas party. Topanga called us so we headed over. Once we got there, she was sitting down on the couch, waiting for us.

"Oh great. You guys are here. I have some bad news." She said making dad and I frown.

"What is the bad news" I asked and she sighed

"Officials called your mom and she wants take us to court. We don't have any solid evidence against her.." Topanga said and then I started smiling.

"What? You're smiling when it's not looking good for us." Dad said and I pulled out my phone and showed them the screenshot of the messages on the day she had slapped me. Their eyes widen at what the messages said

"Deja..." Topanga said sadly but I waved her off

"Is this good enough or not?" I asked and she nodded.

"She might even get some time.." she told me as dad pulled me into a hug.

▿ ▿ ▿
Right now I'm at court with my dad, Topanga, and Lucas since he wanted to be there. I didn't tell the others to come since Maya and Riley don't know yet and I didn't want it to be suspicious if Mich, Liam, and Farkle were missing from school today as well.

"Order! We're here for case 79F8T. Custody and/or adoption of Deja Precious Walker. Mrs. Matthews, you stated you have valid evidence that Ms. Walker is unfit mother to Deja Walker. Please bring up the evidence." The judge said and Topanga handed them an iPad that had the screenshot of the messages on it and placed it on the big screen.

(TW!!)

(End of TW!!)

(End of TW!!)

The judge looked at the messages in disgust while people around started whispering. My mom looked at the messages with wide eyes before looking down.

"Ms.Walker are you the same person who was married to Mr.Walker who is still sitting in prison?" The judge asked and my mother nodded

"Y-es your honor." She answered stuttering and the judge glared down at her

"And you knew for a fact that your daughter at the age from 5 to 9 that she was being verbally and physically abused by her father? And you didn't do anything about it?" The judge asked and my mom didn't say anything.

"Answer me!!!" The judge screamed

"Yes! I did!" She yelled

"You caused this young lady at such a young age mental trauma. She suffers from nightmares and panic attacks and you knew that man was hurting your own child!!!! How sick could you be?! And you expect me to let you still have full custody of her after all the pain you caused her!!! From what I have in my notes, you've been leaving her home alone since 9 years old. Now  5 years later, still was leaving her alone! You're a terrible mother." The judge hissed at my mother as she cried. The judge looked over at my dad

"Mr. Hunter I hope you can take good care of Miss Walker. She's been through a lot and I don't want her to endure that anymore." The judge said and my dad looked over at me and held my hand in comfort

"Of course your honor. That's actually why I wanted to adopt her so she won't have to go through this pain anymore or ever again." Dad said and I smiled at him with tears in my eyes.

"In court of New York, I hereby give full custody and the right to adopt Deja Precious Walker to Shawn Patrick Hunter. I also giving Asia Diamond Walker 15 years in prison for neglecting a minor and assisting of Child abuse. I hope you have a better life with your new parent Deja. Case closed." The judge said and slammed the gavel down. Dad and I hugged each other before Lucas came over and hugged me.

"You won Precious!" He said and I started crying into his chest.

"I'm free Luke.. I'm finally free.." I cried as he kissed my head, whispering comforting words to me.

"DEJA!!" I heard and turned away to see my mom getting handed cuffed

"DEJA IM SORRY!! PLEASE DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME AWAY!!" She yelled out to me but dad came to me and held my face softly.

"Come on Deja.. let's go home." He said and I nodded, ignoring my mom's fading pleads to me.

▿ ▿ ▿
Lucas and I were laying down on my bed, cuddling while my dad went to go get food for all of us as a celebration.

"You okay babe?" Lucas asked me

"To be honest, I don't know but I know that I have you and my dad by my side along with Liam, Mich, Farkle, and the rest. I'll be just fine." I said and we kissed for a little bit

"You don't have yourself locked away Precious. I'm here." Lucas said rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"I know.. and I'll try not to.." I told him as we just laid there in comfortable silence

Free... I'm finally free..

———————
Hope you enjoy this chapter and it's a bit short. Deja's mom is now in jail for 15 years! Yikes, how do you guys feel about this chapter? Comment what you thought about it. Sorry for any misspellings or errors. Once again, thank you for voting and adding my book to your reading lists. See you guys next Thursday!
Love,
Kaila