Chapter 5

July 8th 2019, Age 13

Eli and Thomas ran around the house as Robbie and Elizabeth sat on the couch, "Mama?".

"You're not a baby it's mom", Robbie snapped.

"You're not my dad, don't tell me what to do, speaking of dad. Am I going to his tomorrow?".

"We don't have time", Robbie answered.

"Mom! That's not fair, I've spent the past four dad weekends with you and Robbie, I wanna see dad. You don't let me see Aunt Delilah because she had a fight with Blobbie- interrupt me and I'll donkey kick you in the balls, I've done it before and I'll do it again, heaps harder this time- I'm tired of being here".

"Eli, calm down-", Elizabeth muttered as Robbie rolled his eyes.

"No! I wanna see dad, I'm sick of Robbie trying to be him, I hate him, I hate this!", Eli kicked the couch.

"She's asking for attention", Robbie sang as Elizabeth glared at him.

"Robbie, be quiet. Eli, chill out".

Eli plonked herself onto the floor and glared at Robbie, "Mom, please, I can't spend another weekend in this house".

"If it means that much to you Li I'm sure your dad can come and pick you up and you, Aunt Lilah, and him can go watch a movie or something", Elizabeth muttered as Robbie scoffed.

"He won't go to the movies with us".

"Well then-".

"The agreement was time with her dad, not Delilah".

"I wanna spend time with Lilah".

"I know, go help Tommy set up the movie, and get the dogs".

"Buttercup, Marvel, Scarlet, lets go!", the dogs ran behind Eli as she took the steps two at a time.

"Stop fidgeting", Tommy lightly slapped Eli's hand.

"No can do".

Tommy camel slapped her ankle when it started shaking, before gripping onto it, "Stop it, watch the damn movie".

"I'm bored".

"Nice to know, go cry me a river and build a bridge over it".

"Fuck you".

"One, that is illegal considering our age. Two, your mother and Robbie are downstairs".

Thomas grinned as Eli rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath, Thomas threw an arm over her shoulder and kissed her temple, making her blush and giggle. "You need another haircut", she muttered as she pushed his curly bangs out of his eyes.

"I know, mum can't be bothered right now".

"Didn't she say that she would give me a trim if you brought me round later".

"But I don't wanna".

She pushed his head away from her ear as she giggled, "Go cry me a river and build a bridge".

"That's my line!".

"Not anymore. By asking me out your hereby share all your catchphrases with me".

"If that's how this works then I think I made a mistake", he grinned toothly, letting Eli know he was joking.

"You're not funny, now put on some damn shoes and piggyback me to your house, peasant".

He groaned as he threw some battered Vans at Eli before pulling some on himself, the two linked hands and trudged downstairs, "Mama, I'm going to Tommy's. Phoebe said she'd cut my hair!", she called to let her mother know she was leaving.

"Okay, text me if you end up staying!", Lizzie called from the kitchen as she walked out to kiss her daughter's forehead.

"You will not be staying", Robbie glared at Eli before looking at Liz, "Their dating, really think they won't try something".

"One, we're 14. Two, doors constantly stay open in Phoebe's house", Eli spoke as she opened the door, "And you're not my father or my mother so I suggest you don't go making decisions after mom has".

Elizabeth sighed, "Don't you dare talk to me like that, now get out, I don't want to see your face".

"Don't you dare talk to my daughter like that", Elizabeth snapped, "Stay at Phoebe's, I'll text her, I have to talk to Robbie about something".

AN

I contacted @sugary_sweep a while ago about taking over her Georgie Cooper book, Walk Me Home, she responded and said it was okay, along with a few notes. I have two covers for it so far and no description just yet, but what cover do you guys like best?

Option 1

Or Option 2