Chapter 7

Eli sat with Delilah on her couch, some TV show playing in the background, "Wanna tell me what happ- ooh, those are pretty", Delilah cut herself off when she saw the tattoos, "I got it now".

"Just wanted out, pretty sure I pissed off Tommy too", Eli stated as the front door to the apartment swung open, "Hey Adam".

He nodded in response as Delilah muted the TV, "Let him be mad, Li, and fuck Robbie too, bastard remind me of your dear old dad when your mother was pregnant".

Eli smiled at her Aunt's words, "How did you and mom meet anyway?".

Delilah chuckled, "Let me grab something".

When Delilah entered the room again she had a box, "If I remember correctly, your dad had yelled at your mother for eating pancakes instead of something healthy, so she left the house and came to McDonalds. I noticed she was down and sat with her, talked a little before your dad walked in, he got angry at her or something, I yelled at him and told him to fuck off. That was that", she handed Eli the box, "Pictures, look through them".

Eli walked into school the next day,  dressed in distressed blue jeans, an off the shoulder baggy white blouse and white converse, her dusty rose Herschel Settlement backpack on her back. The blonde moved quickly to her locker, humming to a random song that was stuck in her head, she opened her locker and shoved her bag in it's spot, she unzipped it and grabbed her laptop and drink bottle before pushing it fully inside. She also grabbed her textbook, notebook, and a random pen before her locker was slammed closed, "Watch it, you almost jammed my fingers in there!"

"Aww, gonna go cry to mommy".
The blonde looked up at the voice, in front of her stood Kelsey Patrick, a popular cheerleader, with boring, dull, brown eyes, "Strong words from someone who had red hair, lives with their dead-beat, alcoholic dad, last name is Patrick, and acts like their the 'bully' in a Disney movie", Eli murmured.

"Did you get my assignment done?"

"No, I had to do my own, do it yourself".

The red-head scoffed, "Why would I do it myself when I've got you to do it?"

Eli shook her head and shoved herself past Kelsey, "Because I said I wasn't going to, you bitch".

The blonde was slumped in her chair, head tilted back, soft snores coming from her mouth. Lucas Dawson, and Penny Harper, Eli's best friends were sat behind her, Penny dutifully taking notes, knowing the other two wouldn't since it was her turn to pay attention. Lucas however, was softly tapping Eli's face with his pen, staring off into space. Their maths teacher started walking towards the three, Penny kicked Lucas, who in shock hit the pen particularly hard in Eli's eye, she shot up, "Watch it, you idiot".

"Sorry".

As the teacher dropped their worksheets onto their table Lucas and Penny leaned over, "Thomas is in the corner of the room and glaring at us, wanna explain?"

Penny whispered as Lucas nodded, "Not really, but, uh, I'm staying with Aunt 'Lilah now".

"What?"

"Why?"

"Robbie".