Chapter 17

Eli sat in the back, watching silently as her mother and Robbie made promises to each other. Delilah had one arm over her lap, holding her down. She was supposed to be the maid of honour but Robbie said no and now Ashley was up there, glaring at the man. The moment the ceremony ended Eli tore out of the venue, jumping into the car. Delilah sighed and joined the teenager, "Put your seatbelt on, little lady".

Eli's hands shook as she buckled up, then she was gone. The car violently pulled out of the car park, "Fuck I hate them".

Delilah nodded softly, "Understandable. You going to school tomorrow?"

Eli nodded, "Of course I am", she kept mumbling under her breath.

"And your mother's asking me where we went".

"Up her ass", Eli said quickly, "Tell her I had an appointment. Something about physio".

"She gonna believe that?"

"Throw in something about how I've been going since the accident".

Delilah whistled through her teeth, "You really didn't wanna be there today".

"What gave that away?"

The two went silent for the rest of the ride. When they reached home Eli practically sprinted inside and tore her dress off, "Calm down, kid".

"Why do both my parents suck?"

Delilah shrugged, "Your mom was okay when you were a baby, and then Robbie appeared".

Eli flopped on the couch after returning in some shorts and a shirt. "Robbie can fuck off".

Delilah sighed and sat down, "They're married, kid. Robbie fucking off is gonna cost a lot".

Eli groaned and turned on the TV, "I know, but I miss my mommy".

Do i know wtf I was doing this chapter? no. but I needed to update so robbie and liz got married and we'll talk about it more next chapter