Chapter 8

Eli threw her bag on the floor, "Sup Aunt Lilah", her feet moved her through the house to the kitchen.

Eli grabbed something random to eat and turned around, jumping at the sight in front of her, "Hi dad", she awkwardly waved.

"Hey kiddo. Delilah called me, said you moved out", Boyd looked at his daughter, who was fiddling with her fingers.

She nodded, and looked him in the eyes, he was taken aback by how similar his daughter's eyes were to her mothers, "Yeah, Robbie went off at me for my birthday present, so I left".

"What?"

Boyd was confused, Eli usually had a high tolerance for Robbie, and suddenly she had moved out over a birthday present, "Here, look", Boyd grabbed her wrist, inspecting the tattoos.

Her wrist had two red hearts, that were intertwined with the words Love you every day under the hearts, just above the hearts was two angel wings with the letter A between them.

"They look good, love"

"Thank you".

"Look I'm sure you're mother and Delilah told you what I did and how I acted. I've said I'm sorry but that doesn't excuse it-".

"I know, you kinda avoided my existence until I was ten, and I didn't officially start staying at your house until I was 13, but you made an effort. Better late than never, right?"

Boyd laughed as he stood and walked to his daughter, pulling her into a tight hug, "Better late than never".

Tommy and Eli sat on a park bench, "So, uh-".

"We should break up", Tommy blurted.

"What?"

"We should break up. We're moving, and we've been together since we were 13, it just seems forced. Besides with you moving out it's gotten to hard-"

"When are you moving?"

Tommy scratched the back of his head, causing Eli too pick up on the habit, "End of the month".

"Bullshit".

"What?"

"You scratched the back of your head, you do that when you lie, when are you moving?"

"Middle of next year".

Her jaw dropped, "Breaking up with someone because you're moving soon is one thing, breaking up with someone when you're moving in over a year. Wow, I'm going home, asshole".

Delilah was watching some random rom-com on Netflix when Eli entered the house, "Woah, what did the shoes and the wall do to you?"

Eli kicked off her shoes and launched them at the wall, tears streaming down her face. Delilah sat up and groaned when Eli barreled straight into her, crying, "Hey, shh, it's okay, it's okay".

"Tommy-".

"You broke up?"

"He said he was moving, and then he told me her was moving in the middle of next year".

Delilah honestly didn't know how to respond, "It's Thursday, we can call your dad, and you can spend the weekend with him, yeah?"

Eli nodded as Delilah pulled out her phone and texted Boyd, "Go pack your little backpack"