Chapter 18

Eli glared at her stock standard school lunch, ignoring Penny and Lucas' worried glances. "Lia? What's happened?"

Penny broke the silence, she spoke softly, leaning closer to her friend. Eli grunted, "Stupid fucking Elizabeth and Robbie got fucking married".

Lucas placed his head in his hands, "Sweet baby Jesus, here we go".

"Fucking kicked me out of the stupid fucking wedding party. Doubt they even fucking realized I was fucking there. Stupid whores", Eli ground out.

Penny leaned back, "Eli, you know your mom knew you were there-".

"Then why didn't she try to come and find me-".

"You left literally right as the ceremony ended. She wouldn't have had the chance", Lucas sighed, "I know she's a bitch but damn, cut her some slack".

Eli rolled her eyes, "We have PE and maths today", she spat, "Poor fucker's who will make the mistake of getting between me and that soccer goal will regret life".

Penny side-eyed Lucas, "Maybe we need to go speak to the guidance-".

"Fuck off with you're stupid fucking, 'just speak, things will be better' bullshit".

Lucas inhaled sharply, "We get you're not happy, but calm down. You've said a lot of fucks and lunch started five minutes ago. And Penny doesn't deserve to be spoken to like that".

Eli nodded and pushed her lunch tray away, "I'm gonna go to the library".

Penny and Lucas looked at each other for a second, "Alone, or want us to come with?"

"Alone. I'll see you in maths".

Eli lied, she in fact, did not see them in maths. Eli did not see her friends for the rest of the day. She was too busy sitting at home with her aunt, Ashley, and crying. Delilah let her go home, but insisted she wasn't alone. So Ashley got ice-cream and made her way to the house so her niece could cry to her. Ashley hated her sister for putting Eli through this.