Chapter 22

Eli stood in front of her mother and Robbie. Her dad was next to her, throwing the filthiest glare he could muster towards Elizabeth. The two were walking around when they ran into the married couple. Robbie stopped them, "You brought your dad?"

Eli narrowed her eyes at Robbie, "I didn't even know you two would be here", she said shortly, turning to look at her dad, "Can we go?"

Boyd nodded and went to turn, "You weren't there when she was a baby", Elizabeth's voice could barely be heard.

Boyd turned around, "At least I was there when she got into her first choice school, let's go Li", he grabbed his daughter's hand and tugged her in the opposite direction.

"Chinese?"

The blonde looked up at her father as she tugged him towards the little shop down the street. They walked in and found a table, not even bothering to look at the menu. "I'll have sweet and sour pork", Boyd said, smiling at the waitress.

"Honey chicken, please. And we'll both have cokes", Eli said, glancing at her phone before handing it over to her dad.

Boyd tucked it under his jacket before placing his arms on the table and leaning towards his daughter, "How's school?"

Eli shrugged, rolling her eyes when Elizabeth and Robbie walked in. "I have exam's next month, so I've gotta start studying".

"Aidan?"

"Not talking at the moment. How's Tatiana?"

"Still doesn't like you, still refuses to let you see your brother", Boyd said, smiling, "Thinking I might sneak you in when she leaves the house so you can meet him".

Eli smiled, looking around the restaurant, "Any more gigs lined up?"

"Nah, I did that hero movie but I can't be bothered at the moment. How about your gig?"

"Good, Josh is awesome, gonna go do something together tomorrow. Jace is an idiot but he's funny-".

"That the kid you were obsessed with when Henry Danger came out?"

Eli went bright red, "We're not talking about it", she crossed her fingers and hoped Penny hadn't said anything to her dad.

Boyd had come to pick them up the other night, they had gone out and gotten smashed. He offered a ride and a lecture on underage drinking. Penny had a reputation for accidentally spilling everything when she was drunk, "What about Josh? Wasn't he that Baxter dude Penny told me about?"

Eli narrowed her eyes, "Don't start or I'll walk out", she threatened as there food was placed on the table with their drinks. She started eating immediately, "Thank you for hanging out with me today".

"Anytime, kid".

Elizabeth sat in her booth, feeling like she wanted to be sick at the smell of food. Robbie wanted to follow, she wanted to go home. So now, she was sat watching her daughter eat dinner with the man who wasn't even there for her birth.