Chapter 20

Article+ HUGE time skip I got carried away with the show sorry guys

Eli Olsen's first non-Marvel lead role

Eli Olsen has been confirmed to star in new romantic-drama series, The Stories Behind. We first heard of the project back in July of 2021, which means it's been in the works for the past two years. Olsen, who has only exclusively acted (if we ignore her role in Grey's Anatomy) within the MCU has finally branched out in her freshman year of college. She currently attends Julliard and studies drama. Olsen's had her fair share of media time over the past two years, between the feud with her father, Boyd Holbrook, which has now been solved, the other feud with her now estranged mother and stepfather, Elizabeth Olsen and Robbie Arnett, and her on and off relationship with Aidan Gallagher (currently on for those wondering), she's found herself thrown in the deep end of many controversies. 

Olsen however has done TV show's outside of Marvel, having appeared on Grey's Anatomy as Amelia Shepards' adopted daughter, Daisy as a recurring character. Olsen first appeared in late season 14, when she was 12, alongside Peyton Kennedys' Betty Nelson. Daisy was shown to be Betty's support system, the two met on the streets and became friends, however Daisy wasn't an addict unlike Betty. Amelia took the two in, Betty eventually left but Daisy, who had been on the streets since she was a child, stayed when Amelia offered. Daisy has become a beloved character on the show, she and Amelia keep each other grounded and have become a fan favorite duo.

The Stories Behind will have Eli play a young Ophelia Dunn across twenty episodes. She and Josh Macqueen have both shared a few snapshots of hair and makeup making them look like they're in their 30s. We have the synopsis for each episode.

Episode one-

A 50-year-old Ophelia Dunn (Uma Thurman) recounts the stories behind her professional soccer career, which sheds light on decades old questions. She starts when she was 16.

16-year-old Ophelia Dunn (Eli Olsen) and her twin brother Nick (Jace Norman) are uprooted from their lives in LA when their mother and father reconnect after years apart. Ophelia, Nick, and their mother Daphne (Jennifer Garner) leave behind their lives in LA for Augusta, Maine, where their father Henry (John Stamos) lives. The twins first few weeks are rough, until they both join the school soccer team. 

Episode two-

Ophelia becomes a hero after taking their school to state, and then she meets Sebastian Jones (Josh Maqueen). Sebastian Jones is unlike anyone Ophelia has ever met. Ophelia and Nick leave Maine once they graduate, both getting offers from professional teams. Nick goes to LA Galaxy, while Ophelia joins San Diego Wave FC. Sebastian chooses to follow his girlfriend.

Episode three-

Only months after her professional debut Ophelia Dunn reveals that she will be out for the rest of the season due to having a baby. Ophelia questions how it could've happened, and when asking Sebastian about it an argument breaks out. The event causes issues in Sebastian and Ophelia's relationship, starting the first of many break-ups the two would have over the years.

Episode four-

Ophelia returns after giving birth to a baby girl called Beth. After Beth is born the first unnecessary custody battle begins between Ophelia and Sebastian, which starts problems that will last for years. Ophelia is nominated for a Ballon D'Or for the first time despite it only being her first full season. 

Episode five-

By the time Beth's two her parents have gotten back together and broken up 10 times, had another child, Charlie, and another nasty custody case. Beth and Charlie spend most of their time with their mother and watched her score the goal that won the US the 2023 world cup. Ophelia is nominated for a Ballon D'Or for the second time and wins. Sebastian and Ophelia get back together again, for what they say to be the last time. The two get married when Beth (McKenna Grace) and Charlie (Christian Convery) are 10 and 9. That year they have their final child, Niamh.