Chapter 4

Past

Marx left Jevil with his thoughts. Jevil slowly turned around and went back to Seam.

"Hey, Seam?" Jevil asked his friend, lacking the enthusiasm he usually had in his voice. "Yes Jevil?" Seam responded.

"Are we unimportant?" Jevil asked. Seam turned around to face his friend. "What? Why would you ask that?" Jevil looked up, his eyes meeting Seam's. "I was just thinking about how nothing would change if we were gone." Seam looked down. "Jevil, where is this coming from? What's wrong?"

Jevil's eyes seemed to narrow a tiny but. "You didn't answer my question. Are we unimportant?"

Seam waited a minute, before answering. "You're important to me." Jevil laughed. "So we are unimportant. Thanks. That's all I wanted to know." Seam stepped forward and grabbed his friend's arm. "You're not unimportant, friend. You mean the world to me. You're the only thing that brings light down to this world of darkness. Don't forget that."

Jevil looked down, then smiled. "You're right. I'm sorry, Seam." He then turned away. "Come on. We have to get back to work. Those high class citizens aren't going to entertain themselves.

Seam followed behind Jevil. He hoped his friend was doing alright. Where was he getting these thoughts from?

Dimentio and Marx watched Jevil's conversation with his friend unfold, being sure to stay out of sight. "Dang it. It wasn't enough," Marx complained. Dimentio appeared to be deep in thought. "Yeah...his friend was able to calm him down. We need more." He turned to Marx and smiled. "How would you feel if you found out your whole world was merely a game?"

Marx rolled his eyes. "Uh, Dimentio. I already know that. That's why I'm here with you." Dimentio continued to smile. Marx's eyes went wide. "Ohh, no. You're not thinking of telling him, are you??" Dimentio nodded. "If he's going to eventually join us, he'll have to find out anyway. Plus, this is the perfect plan to push him over the edge and make him realize his full potential! He clearly longs for more in life. So we'll just give him more!"

Jevil waited about another day, keeping what Marx said close in his mind. If it weren't for Seam, he really would be meaningless. The world would probably keep spinning on just fine without him. But, thank goodness he had a friend with him. He sat alone in his room. Seam was out running errands, so he probably wouldn't be back for another hour.

He heard something. It was...music. It strangely reminded him of circus music. He turned around and suddenly, Dimentio was there, lying on Jevil's bed with his legs crossed. Jevil jumped back in surprise. "Whoa! Dimentio??" Dimentio stood up, then floated over to Jevil. "Greetings, Jevil." Jevil looked around. "I thought you said you and Marx were leaving. Why do you keep showing up?" Dimentio cocked his head to the side. "Because we like you? Why do you ask? Do you have a problem with us?" Jevil stepped back again and waved his hands. "No no no. I'm just curious as to why you're here. Who even are you guys?"

"Ah ha ha, that's exactly why I'm here right now. I have all the answers." Jevil looked slightly skeptical, then nodded. He really did want to know where these two came from and why Seam made it seem like the didn't exist. "Oh. So who are you guys?"

Dimentio teleported himself behind Jevil and grabbed his shoulders. "It would be easier if I just showed you."

Dimentio raised his right hand and snapped his fingers. Jevil watched as his surroundings changed.

Present 

Luigi stepped onto Flipside tower. He looked below. A bunch of people were running all over the place. "What is happening down there....?" He asked himself, before taking the elevator down.