Chapter 17

Present

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" Jevil cried. Marx had a confused look on his face. "I thought you told me he died. He doesn't look dead to me." 

Dimentio looked away from Luigi and over at his two old friends. Jevil had the biggest smile on his face. "DIMMY, YOU'RE OKAY! WHAT HAPPENED?"

Dimentio sighed. "....Sorry, Jevil. My plan didn't work. I couldn't make a perfect world." Jevil's eyes softened. "OH.... WELL MAYBE IT'S ALL FOR THE BETTER, BECAUSE NOW WE CAN MAKE ONE TOGETHER!"

Dimentio looked back at Luigi. Luigi, the one who got him this second chance. He had to fulfill his end of the deal if he wanted his life back. He faced Jevil again.

"I'm sorry, Jevil. You don't belong here. Neither do you, Marx. You have to go home...."

Jevil's eyes went wide. "W-WHAT?" Dimentio clenched his fists and looked down. Jevil felt his heart shatter.

Luigi heard a new theme begin. It was like a strange mix between Jevil's theme and this new guy's. This couldn't be good.

Marx expression shifted to a slightly more angry one. "Ugh! Classic Dimentio! Such a hypocrite! Since when did YOU care about us being where we belong?? You're the one who started this whole world jumping mess! It's fine when you do it, but when Jevil does it you're upset?? Can't you see he did this for you??" Marx yelled. Dimentio glanced at Luigi, then back at Jevil and Marx. "I'm sorry."

Marx flew closer to Dimentio. "No, you're just jealous. Jealous that HE came closer to accomplishing your goal than you ever will. Jealous that HE was able to do this. You're jealous of him!!"

"No, Marx. That's not it. I'm not jealous of him!" 

"Yes you are! You can't handle the fact that he's become more powerful than you!"

"That's NOT true!"

Marx was about to continue yelling, when Jevil walked forward and calmly placed his hand on Marx's shoulder. "STAND DOWN, FRIEND."

Jevil turned to face Dimentio. Dimentio could see the pain in Jevil's eyes. "I'm sorry," He said. Jevil waved his hand, before smiling his devil like smile and floating up into the air. 

"SO DIMENTIO, I SEE YOU'VE CHOSEN YOUR MAN IN GREEN OVER ME."

Marx smiled and floated up next to Jevil. "Ha! Dimentio must be benefiting from this in some way. No way he would just help this guy for no reason!" Jevil nodded. "DON'T WORRY, WORRY. WE'LL SHOW HIM WE'RE WORTHY OF HIS TIME. EVERYTHING WILL STILL FALL INTO PLACE, THEN WE CAN ALL PLAY!"

Luigi ran up next to Dimentio. "Okay, how much more time until we can bring Mario back??" Dimentio looked around for a clock. "Uhh, looks like we still got five minutes. Your brother better have found Jevil's friend, or we'll be in serious trouble. Just Jevil was difficult enough, but Jevil AND Marx...there's no way we could come out on top."

Dimentio gave Luigi a look. "Unless....you give me my magic back."

Luigi looked down. ".....fine. But don't ditch me. You still have to stay near me. And don't turn against me, or I will be forced to send you back to the Underwhere, and believe me, I don't want to do that." Dimentio laughed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. Now gimme my magic!"

Luigi sighed, "Alright, Dimentio, I'm giving you all your magic back, ONLY until we no longer need it."

Dimentio could feel his power come back to him. He felt stronger, more like himself. It had been so long since he's had magic like this coursing though his body. All his powers, fully back.