Chapter 18

Present

Marx's eyes softened briefly, before he floated back up next to Jevil. "He's trying to make me feel bad. Manipulative jerk." Jevil smiled and put his hand on Marx's head. "OH, MARX, MARX! DON'T WORRY. WHEN THIS IS DONE, HE'LL SEE HOW MUCH WE'RE DOING FOR HIM, AND WE'LL ALL BE HAPPY! IT'LL BE FUN!" Marx rolled his eyes. "Yeah, IF I choose to stay. I honestly might just want to go home." Jevil smiled. "IT'S YOUR CHOICE. AND I'LL SUPPORT YOU WITH WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE!"

That's what Marx loved about Jevil. He gave him a choice. He wasn't selfish. Dimentio could never. Dimentio was incapable of actually caring for others.

Together, Marx and Jevil made a chaotic duo. They kept throwing things in all directions. It was getting harder for Luigi and Dimentio to dodge.

"So, what's the plan? Just attack until they give up?" Marx asked. Jevil shook his head. "WE SHOW DIMMY THAT WE ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS WORLD! JUST DON'T KILL HIM OR HIS MAN IN GREEN! THAT WAY WE CAN ALL LIVE HAPPILY TOGETHER AND PLAY ALL DAY!"

Luigi and Dimentio were standing back to back, still trying to avoid attacks. "How's your magic? Can you bring Mario back yet??" Luigi asked. Dimentio snapped his fingers and a random shroom shake appeared in his hands. "No. Doesn't look like it." "Why did you get a shroom shake??" "I DON'T KNOW! I TOLD YOU, MY MAGIC ISN'T WORKING. I WAS TRYING TO BRING YOUR BROTHER BACK!!"

Dimentio sighed and tossed the shroom shake to Luigi. "Here. I know L liked these." Luigi looked at it. "What am I supposed to do with this??" "I don't know, DRINK IT??" Luigi handed it back to Dimentio. "I don't need it." Dimentio threw it back again. "Well, consider it a gift. Just drink it like a normal person." Luigi looked around, before taking a step and throwing it at Marx. "Hey, Marx, drink this! It'll help raise your HP!" Dimentio grabbed Luigi's arm just after Luigi threw it. "Why did you do that?? You can't just throw a gift away!" Luigi shrugged. "His HP was lower because you hit him. He needed it more."

The shroom shake bounced off of Marx's head and fell to the ground. He barely even noticed it. Dimentio pointed this out. "See! He doesn't want it." Jevil however, noticed the shroom shake. He skipped over to it and drank it. He seemed to become more energized by it. Dimentio slapped the back of Luigi's head. Jevil's attacks became faster. "Great. Now look what you've done."

Luigi sighed. "....Well, if Seam isn't gonna come and talk Jevil out of this, I'm just gonna have to try again.

Luigi walked forward. "No, you idiot, what are you doing?? You can't get through to him!" Dimentio called. Luigi ignored him and yelled up at them both. "Hey, Jevil! Marx, I have something to say!"

Dimentio looked around. "Luigi.... not everyone can be talked out of things." Luigi ignored him again. "Marx, I know you're hurt and angry. But please, coming here and doing this is not the solution!" Marx looked at Jevil, then back at Luigi. "I don't care about any of this! I'm just here to back my real friend up!" Luigi shook his head. "Maybe, but backing Jevil up this was isn't the answer. Instead you should help him stop this madness! Talk to him!" Luigi turned to look at Jevil. "And you. I know you think you're doing this for Dimentio, but this isn't right. You both have to go home."

"Come on! My brother needs me! Jevil needs you! You have to get us there!" Mario told Seam. Seam just shrugged. "I haven't done magic since I was forced to lock up Jevil. I don't think I can even do anything anymore!"

Mario grabbed Seam's shoulders. "COME ON, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN!" 

"I-I'm sorry. I just can't..." Seam argued. Mario pulled him closer so they were face to face. "Listen pal. We don't have time for this. Right now Luigi and Dimentio are fighting him, and I don't care how strong you think Jevil is. Dimentio is not someone you want to fight with. If you don't do this, your friend could die. You don't want that, do you??" Seam quickly shook his head. "No. No, I don't want that." Mario let him go. "Good. Now can you at least try?"