Chapter 19

Present

Seam's eyes lit up. "That's Jevil up there!" Mario looked up. "I bet Luigi and Dimentio are up there too. Hurry, let's go. Can you teleport us up there as well, or do we need to take the elevator?" Seam was a little tired. "I think it best we take the elevator. I haven't used so much magic in a long long time." Mario nodded, and the two ran for the elevator.

Jevil started sobbing harder. "I KILLED HIM, I KILLED HIM, I KILLED HIM!" 

A few laughs started mixing in with his sobs. 

"I KILLED HIM. UEE HEE HEE! I'M A MUR-DER-ER!" 

Marx tried comforting him. "No. No, no no no, Jevil. You're not. You didn't mean to. It's not your fault." Jevil started laughing hysterically. He picked up his Devilsknife and looked at the blood dripping off the tip. "I'M A MURDERER! A MURDERER!" Jevil turned to Marx. "RUN AWAY, MARX. RUN AWAY BEFORE I KILL YOU TOO. UEE HEE HEE!"

Marx's eyes softened. "Jevil, now calm down. You're not going-" Jevil swung his Devilsknife down, nearly hitting Marx. "I SAID. RUN."

Marx floated backwards. "Jevil?" Jevil's eye began to twitch. "TELL EVERYONE TO GET OUT. DON'T LET ME HURT ANYONE."

Just then, an elevator door opened from behind them. Marx looked over. Jevil followed Marx's gaze and turned around.

Seam and Mario stepped out of the elevator. Seam stopped in his tracks. There he was. He was really here. Seam's good eye was filled with hope. They could go home! They could be together again!

Jevil froze. What? Seam? But how? And why??

He looked at his old friend. Oh, how his appearance had changed. He looked much older, and much more worn out. He was covered in rips and scars. "Jevil..." Seam started.

Mario looked around and interrupted. "Wait....where's Luigi?"

Jevil was snapped out of his mini trance and slowly broke into more hysterical laughter. "LUIGI? THE MAN IN GREEN? I KILLED HIM. I KILLED HIM!"

Mario could see the blood dripping off Jevil's Devilsknife. His eyes went wide. "Y-you what?" Jevil continued laughing. "I KILLED HIM. I KILLED HIM!! BECAUSE I'M A MURDERER!" 

Mario looked down at his own hands. "L-Luigi's gone?" 

Seam ignored what was going on around him. He couldn't take his eyes off the laughing Jester in front of him. He took a few steps forward. "Jevil..."

Jevil swung his Devilsknife. It hit the rooftop, leaving a large crack. "BACK OFF, SEAM. I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU!"

Marx teleported himself in front of Jevil. "Now, now, Jevil. Please. Let's just calm down. You didn't mean it." Jevil's left eye began twitching rapidly. "UEE HEE HEE, MARX. MOVE, OR I'LL KILL YOU TOO! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!"

Mario felt his eyes well up. This couldn't be real. Luigi couldn't really be gone. He took a step back before collapsing to his knees, breaking out in sobs.

Seam stepped even closer. Jevil stepped back, his eyes filled with guilt, shock, and fear. "SEAM, STEP BACK. WHY ARE YOU HERE??"

Seam calmly stepped even closer to Jevil. "Jevil....I've come to join you in your freedom. I'm sorry it took me so long."

Jevil's eyes softened. He lowered his voice. "Seam. Please go...I'm going to hurt you."

Jevil's lip began to quiver. He was truly terrified.

Seam stepped closer, causing Jevil to freak out and swing his Devilsknife. Marx immediately warped over, grabbed Seam, and warped them both to the side so Seam wouldn't get hit.