Chapter 16

Present

Luigi and Dimentio turned around to face their new foe. Luigi quickly told Dimentio to hide. He only wanted to use him if absolutely came down to it.

Jevil teleported into view, happily dancing around. He looked somehow even more excited than earlier. "MAN IN GREEN, MAN IN GREEN! HERE I'VE RETURNED, NOW WITH A TEAM!"

Luigi held his arm out. "Listen, Jevil. No one needs to get hurt. Please, let's just all talk about this." Jevil smiled. "OH, BUT WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT? AND MY FRIEND CAME ALL THIS WAY! WE DON'T WANNA BE RUDE AND LEAVE HIM OUT OF THE GAME."

Luigi lowered his hand. "What friend? Seam?"

Jevil's eyes softened. "HOW DO YOU KNOW....NEVER MIND." 

Luigi stepped forward. "Please, Jevil. You don't have to spread the chaos. Look around! Do you think this is what Dimentio would have wanted?" Jevil rapidly nodded. "YES, YES! A WORLD WITH NO WRONG, ONLY FUN AND HAPPINESS."

Dimentio's eyes softened in his little hiding place. It was nice.... Jevil coming all this way for him. It felt to nice. He didn't deserve it. Originally he only wanted to use Jevil for his plan, since Jevil had potential and could make a strong ally. And then he went to push Jevil to the brink of insanity, yet Jevil still did all this for him. A part of Dimentio wanted to go out there and back his friend up. 

Friend? Was Jevil really a friend if Dimentio had originally only wanted him for his own benefit?

Just like L.....

Yes. Friend.

All those hours Dimentio spent with Jevil, he didn't have to do that. It benefitted him in no way, but he still did. Because the truth was, he enjoyed Jevil's company. He enjoyed Jevil's craziness.

Luigi stepped forward. "But you're hurting people. You can't just destroy everything to make a perfect world."

"ENOUGH TALKING, MAN IN GREEN! I DON'T WANNA HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY! LET'S PLAY!" 

Jevil then whistled a long, loud whistle.

Suddenly, four crescent blades came flying from behind Luigi, heading straight for his head. Dimentio saw this and sprinted over, coming out of his hiding place. "LUIGI, LOOK OUT!"

He quickly tackled Luigi to the ground, the blades flying just over them. Luigi looked up. 

"Crescents? I thought his attacks were card based!"

Jevil froze upon seeing Dimentio.

Dimentio looked around. "His attacks ARE card based. That didn't come from him...."

Suddenly, Luigi heard a new voice come from above them.

A large, crazy, looking creature with two golden looking wings and multicolored scale looking things flashing beneath each one warped into view. 

"Marx from Kirby Super Star has popped in! A final boss here to help? Unbelievable!"

"What is that thing??" Luigi asked. Dimentio raised a masked eyebrow and cocked his head to the side.

"That thing, would be Marx."

Marx warped himself over next to Jevil. "Hey, hey, Jevil, is that who I think it is?"

Jevil's face was frozen in shock, tears in his eyes. He looked down at Luigi and Dimentio. He lowered his voice. 

"Y-you're alive?"

Dimentio helped Luigi up. Jevil lowered himself to the ground, happy tears now falling down his face.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!"