Chapter 15

Present

Luigi waved over Dimentio. He slowly got out of his hiding place and stood up.

Mario's face shifted from relief to rage. "You." He immediately sprinted over and tackled Dimentio to the ground. "GET AWAY FROM MY BROTHER YOU FIEND!"

Dimentio tried to squirm loose Mario's grip. "Gah! Luigi, tell your brother to get off of me!"

"HOW DID YOU ESCAPE? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?? COME TO MANIPULATE MY BROTHER, HAVE YOU?? USE HIM FOR YOUR LITTLE GAMES??" Dimentio continued to squirm. "No, no! Luigi, a little help??" Luigi quickly ran over and pried his brother off of Dimentio. Mario looked slightly shocked. "What are you doing?? Why are you helping him?? Has he sprouted you again??" Luigi shook his head and took his hat off. "No, see. No sprout. Now, please Mario, let me explain."

Mario glared at Dimentio while Luigi held him back. "There's nothing to explain. Luigi, he's manipulating you somehow! Snap out of it!" Dimentio stepped forward. "Now If I could add to this-" "SHUT UP, NO ONE ASKED YOU" Dimentio stepped back and quickly replied, "Okay."

"Mario, just give me five minutes to explain this, okay?" Luigi asked. Mario slowly relaxed, and faced his brother.

"You have three." 

Luigi nodded.

"Okay, so Jevil showed up and started attacking flipside. I came here, and he chased me into the Dimensional door which lead to the Underwhere, but not before Jevil mentioned that he knew Dimentio. So I went down to Dimentio to question him. Then I went to queen Jades and asked her to let me take him up here so he can help!"

Mario's eye began to twitch and his mouth hung ajar. 

"Y-you....hold on. Hold on." Mario turned around, trying to compose himself. 

It didn't work. 

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME, THAT YOU WENT DOWN TO THE UNDERWHERE, AND LET DIMENTIO FREE TO HELP YOU BEAT THIS NEW GUY?? LUIGI, YOU DON'T SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH ANOTHER PROBLEM. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??"

Luigi shook his head. "No, no, Dimentio's not a problem. See, Queen Jades made it so he can't use his magic unless I let him! And if he even does anything bad, I have the power to just send him back!" Dimentio smirked. Mario's face was redder than a tomato. It was quite comical.

"Okay, but why didn't you just wait for me? I could have handled it!" Mario told Luigi. Luigi looked down. "W-well, you were gone and these people needed help." Mario shook his head. "That doesn't matter. My number one priority is keeping you safe. You should have waited for me to come back and handle it." Luigi tried arguing, "But, I-" 

"ENOUGH!" Dimentio interrupted.

Mario and Luigi both turned and faced Dimentio. He stepped forward. "Mario, you don't always have to be the star. You were busy, so Luigi stepped up. Alright? If you have a problem with that, then you can leave. Now, if you'll excuse us, Luigi and I need to come up with a plan."

Mario stood there, slightly shocked. Luigi's mouth hung wide open.

"....Alright. What's the plan?" Mario asked. Luigi looked at his brother slightly shocked, then smiled. "First, let's go to Flipside tower. The top makes a very good thinking spot. I'm not sure how much time we have until Jevil returns."

Dimentio nodded. "Great. Now will someone please carry me?"

Mario completely ignored him and walked forward. Luigi giggled and shook his head. "No, you're going to walk like a normal person." Dimentio pouted. "You're so selfish."