Chapter 10

Present

Luigi was escorted down to Dimentio's cell. Once he was there, the two D-men waited down the hall. "Holler if he pulls anything suspicious," The D-men told him. Luigi nodded and shakily approached the cell.

He peered through the door. There was a small slot, but that was the only place he could look into the cell. He saw Dimentio sitting on the other side of the cell, rocking back and forth.

"Is it breakfast time already? Ah ha ha, how time flies when you're rotting at the bottom of the Underwhere," He teased. Luigi shuttered at the sound of his voice. 

"Uh, no. It's not breakfast."

Dimentio quickly sat up upon hearing Luigi's voice.

"L?"

Luigi smiled and scratched the back of his head. "Heh, close! It's Luigi!" Dimentio sighed and leaned back, looking a little disappointed. "Oh. Well what do you want? Seems out of character for you to just suddenly visit me, considering everything. You must want something." Luigi looked down. "I just need to ask you some questions, and I'll be on my way."

Dimentio laughed. "What do I get in return?" Luigi looked up. "What?" Dimentio stood up and walked over to the door, so his eyes were peering through the slot right at Luigi. "Oh, you didn't think I'd help you out and answer your questions for nothing, did you?" Luigi looked around. "Uhh, well, I was hoping you would...."

"Ah ha ha ha! If you came all the way down here to talk to ME, then that means you must be absolutely DESPERATE." Luigi sighed. "But I don't have anything." Dimentio chuckled. "That's not true."

Luigi peered through the slot again. "Please, just answer my questions. I'll give you whatever you want." Dimentio smiled. "Well, not much I can have when I'm locked in here, so I'll just ask my own question? Seem fair?" Luigi nodded. "Alright....."

Dimentio smiled. "Okay....where's L?"

Luigi smiled. "Really? That's your question??" Dimentio glared through the slot. "Just answer it." Luigi giggled. "Alright, alright. He's with me. Ever since the Ultimate show we've pretty much shared this body. He's pretty much locked away in the back of my mind. He has the power to take control over me whenever he feels necessary, but for some reason he hasn't." Dimentio nodded. "Good. Can he hear what we're saying now?" Luigi shrugged. "Nah. I can tell him things, but he can't see or hear anything going on out here. He's pretty much just trapped in my mind. Except he's choosing to stay there."

Dimentio nodded. "Why doesn't he just take control then? No offense to you, but I feel like he'd get bored just chilling in the back of your mind." Luigi shrugged again. "I don't know. He won't tell me. Now, can I ask my questions?"

Dimentio stepped back and sat back down on the floor, leaning his back against the door. "I guess."

Luigi took a breath. "Okay.....do you know who Jevil is?"

Past

"Seam, Seam come back. I'm sorry. Please...." Jevil spent hours desperately slashing at the door. Nothing. He couldn't even teleport himself anywhere outside of this room. It was unbearably lonely.

Well...at least he was free, even though everyone else was trapped. Nothing bad could happen in there.

He waited weeks. Alone. The loneliness was really getting to him, making his sanity slip further and further away.

There was no source of natural light. No way to tell time. Nothing. All he could do was wait for Seam to realize that he was trapped and come join him.