Chapter 6

Past

Jevil met with Dimentio and Marx often. Sometimes they were together, sometimes they weren't. Marx tended to spend more time talking about where he came from, while Dimentio would talk about where they were going. It was weird...Marx seemed...homesick. 

Dimentio was finally marking progress with Jevil, but it wasn't enough yet. Jevil could teleport short distances, but that was about it for now. 

Dimentio and Marx had a meeting. It was frustrating. "He's starting to slip, but I can't seem to push him over the edge. I can't!" Dimentio held his head in frustration. "He has that potential, I know it!" Marx shrugged. "Maybe your card theory was wrong. He seems nice. Maybe he's just not made to be-" "NO, I'M NOT WRONG!"

Jevil was at home. He could teleport. That was a start. When he showed Seam, he was really proud. "Whoa, look at you go, Jevil! I didn't know you could do magic!" Jevil was clearly excited about his newfound power. "Yes! Now I can be a magician, just like you!!"

"Hey, buddy? I got something for you," Seam said, while Jevil was frantically teleporting around the room.

Seam handed Jevil a large pole with a blade on it. "I know you've been acting kinda strange, and...I don't know. I can't help but feel like it's my fault. I know I tend to dismiss your thoughts and ideas, but I want you to know that I love and appreciate you."

Jevil looked down at the item in his hands. Seam smiled. "It's a special weapon. One of a kind. I made it myself. I was thinking you could maybe use it as a prop in your performances and whatnot." Jevil smiled, then dropped it and hugged his friend. "I love you too, Seam. Don't ever forget it."

Jevil stepped back and picked up his new toy. He began to swing it around. "This is amazing! What do you call it?" Seam smiled. "I call it, 'Jevil's knife.' What do you think?" Jevil smiled. "I love it."

Okay, he had to try harder. Seam was his world. He had to get them out of there.

Dimentio and Marx were currently checking the progress of their home worlds. They planned to meet back up in about a day. They occasionally would go home and see how their worlds were being developed. Marx's had been around the longest, so it had been the most developed. Something told him to go back. That he was needed there, but Dimentio always assured him that he had better things to do, better places to be. His world would be fine without him.

Jevil was waiting, itching for his next lesson. He held his knife. Jevil's knife. What a cute name. Because it belonged to him. 

He was getting impatient. Tapping his toes. A full day went on. Nothing.

"What if this is a test?" He asked. "Dimentio has been working on my teleporting....maybe he wants me to teleport to where we usually train. That place with the weird files."

Dimentio always snapped his fingers, but Jevil wasn't particularly good at snapping. He usually would just get a burst of energy and do it. What was it Dimentio said...."Just imagine where you want to go, and go there." 

Jevil concentrated as hard as he could. He was going to do it. He had never teleported this far on his own before. But he was going to do it.

He was determined.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes. He was in the files. He did it!

"Yes! I did it! Dimentio, I passed your test! Uee Hee Hee!" 

Jevil looked around. To his surprise, Dimentio wasn't here. Or Marx, for that matter. Huh... how strange.

Jevil looked around. He wasn't sure if he could even get back on his own right now. He used up so much energy to get here. He looked down. In his hand, Jevil's Knife. He just now realized that he brought it with him. He then saw that the blade was pointing over at his game's file. "I wonder...."

Present

Luigi ducked. "W-who are you, and what are you doing here??" He called out. The jester's head sprung off of it's body, attacked only by a spring. Luigi gasped. 

That was unsettling. 

"I'M HERE FOR MY FRIEND, FRIEND!" The jester teleported behind Luigi, causing him to jump.

"YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO KNOW HIM, WOULD YOU?" Luigi quickly turned around and backed away. 

"L-listen here. Whoever you are, you don't b-b-belong here. So get out before I...I...I call my brother!"

 The jester just laughed, then teleported in front of Luigi again. He continued dancing. "JUST TELL MY WHERE MY FRIEND IS SO WE CAN PLAY, THEN I'LL BE ON MY WAY!" Luigi began to sweat. "I-I don't know who this 'friend is.' Just, please, leave Flipside in peace."

The jester circled around Luigi. That music, that loud loud music, kept echoing though his ears. "I'M JEVIL!" The jester beamed. Luigi held his hands up, blocking random flying spades from hitting his face. "Uhh, I'm Luigi." He muttered. Jevil stopped everything, and pointed his Devilsknife at Luigi. 

"HE TOLD ME ABOUT YOU. YOU'RE THE MAN IN GREEN!"

 Luigi stepped back. Everything was calm all the sudden. The music was still playing, but it was softer. "W-who? Who told you that?"

Jevil inched closer. The sharp blade nearing Luigi. "TELL ME, WHERE. IS. DIMENTIO."

Luigi froze. "D-d-d-Dimentio??" Jevil nodded. "YES! HE SAID THAT HE'D MAKE A PERFECT WORLD, SO HERE I AM!"

Luigi stepped back. 

"Dimentio's dead."

Jevil stopped. He dropped his Devilsknife. It fell to the ground, metal clinking against the pavement.

He lowered his voice. "W-what?"