Chapter 13

Past

The world was revolving. Everything was spinning, and Jevil was fighting harder than he ever had, not holding back. This was the first time in who knows how long he's had visitors, and he wanted to spend every minute enjoying himself. He couldn't let this game end, because then they would leave and he'd be alone again.

It's been so long. Jevil didn't have anything with him in that room besides his Devilsknife. Back when Dimentio would visit he would bring things to play with, but it's been a long time since Dimentio came. Jevil didn't even know what he himself looked like anymore, since it's been years since he's seen a mirror.

And this music. Jevil liked it. He'd never heard it before. Now THIS theme, was awesome. He liked the other one, but this one. He felt like it really was HIS own theme. Jevil liked it way more than the other one. He felt that this one represented him way more. And look, now he had two themes. Oh, how wonderful.

....

Ralsei cast Pacify.

Jevil stopped. The room fell silent.

Oh, how unfortunate. The game was already over.

"WHAT FUN!!! I'M EXHAUSTED!!! YOU KIDS TIRED ME UP!!! NOW I WILL SLEEP FOR THE OTHER 100 YEARS."

100 years. Long time. Should be long enough. By then everything should be over. Everything should be fine by then.

"UNFORTUNATELY, YOU KIDS CANNOT HAVE SUCH A PLEASANT DREAM. FROM NOW, A NIGHTMARE WILL AWAKEN IN YOUR HEARTS. IN THE SHADOW OF THE KNIGHT'S HAND...LIGHTNERS, CAN YOU STOP IT?"

Of course not. No one could stop it. But if they could best him....maybe there was hope. Not much hope, since many would be stronger than him, but still hope.

"UEE HEE HEE! EITHER WAY, A MISCHIEF-MISCHIEF, A CHAOS-CHAOS...! LIGHTNERS! FROM INSIDE YOUR LITTLE CELL!! TAKE THIS AND DO YOUR STRONGEST---!" 

Jevil transported himself into his Devilsknife and flew away, handing over JEVILSTAIL to the Lightners. It would serve as a form of armor for them, giving them his energy, if they were to face what was coming.

Once they left, he prepared to rest. He transported himself out of the Devilsknife and looked at the door.

It was open. He couldn't hide here anymore. Now everyone else was free.

"HMMM, MAYBE THERE IS ANOTHER PLACE TO HIDE."

Jevil yawned. Sleep. He needed sleep first. But maybe he wouldn't need 100 years. Maybe he could go someplace else safe.

After all,

Dimentio did say he would be making a perfect world.

Maybe he was waiting for Jevil to join him.

Present

Luigi and Dimentio made their way to the Dimensional door. Their ticket back to Flipside. About every two minutes Dimentio would ask for his Magic back.

"Come on. Just let me float at least!" 

"Nope. Come on. Walking is good for you!" 

"Well, can you carry me?" 

"No, I'm not going to carry you. Quit complaining."

"Ughh"

They arrived at the door. Luigi turned around and faced Dimentio. "Okay, so how do we beat him?" Dimentio shook his head. "I already told you, we probably can't. I couldn't beat him." Luigi tapped his finger to his forehead. "Hmm.... well he's alone. With the two of us we must surely be able to best him!" Dimentio laughed. "I don't think you understand who this is. I barely understand. I mean, I wanted to make him slip, but I didn't mean for him to absolutely lose it."