𝟰. 𝗱𝘂𝗲𝘁𝘀

Do you need a Sam hug?

Mr Schuester had just announced to the glee club that Noah Puckerman was in Juvie

Mr Schuester had just announced to the glee club that Noah Puckerman was in Juvie. At first, Charlotte was shocked that one of her friends had done something that resulted in ending up in Juvie, but then she realised it was Puck, and he was a bit of an idiot at times. Sitting back in her seat with her arms folded across her chest, Charlotte listened as everyone burst out with their questions.

"What did he do?" Quinn asked seriously, despite a lot of the group's jokes about the situation.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr Schue explained causing a couple of the glee kids to snicker. Charlotte, on the other hand, sighed with a shake of her head.

"And when is he getting out?" Rachel asked, concerned.

"Unknown." Their teacher sighed.

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany said.

"you're not dumb, Britt" Charlotte said softly, sending the girl a smile.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Mr Schue interrupted, firmly.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's?" Finn questioned, annoyed.  "We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence."

"We can't look at this as, as a crisis." Mr Schue said, optimistic "It's an opportunity."

"For what?" Quinn asked with a roll of her eyes "Further embarrassment and humiliation?"

"For welcoming our new member..." Mr Schue smiled "Sam Evans!"

At the name, Charlotte looked at the door where Sam was jogging in with a big smile, finding her eyes as soon as he stopped in front of the group. Her face lit up, which didn't go unnoticed by Santana Lopez, who was now trying to devise a plan, knowing that Charlotte wasn't one to make a move and would need a push from Auntie Snixx.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. ... Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham" he said with a friendly smile, looking over at Charlotte who giggled and sent him a thumbs up, which totally made it okay that no one else had reacted to his joke.

"Oh, wow. He has no game." Santana snarked, unimpressed.

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam." Finn said putting a hand on the new boy's shoulder.

"Oh, good." Sam replied.

"Sam, you sit right here." Finn said, pointing at the spare seat, which, lucky for Sam, was next to Charlotte who kept a smile on her face as she tapped the seat for him to sit in.

"All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr Schue asked.

"A blanket." Brittany said confidently.