𝟭𝟵. 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻

Don't get all sappy on me, babe!

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21s and I can not find a dress that fits

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21s and I can not find a dress that fits." Lauren said as her, Charlotte, Brittany and Santana entered the choir room "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't. You'll seem poor." Brittany said just as Kurt arrived.

"You're up for Queen, you can't make your own prom dress." Santana pointed out. "Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

"What about getting married?" Lauren questioned, confused.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want. You only have one shot at your Junior Prom." Quinn pointed out and Charlotte chuckled a bit.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked once she had walked into the choir room and taken a seat.

"Prom dresses." Charlotte said with a small smile.

"Thank God I don't have to worry about that." Mercedes said. "I'm not going."

"Why not?" Kurt questioned with a pout.

"'Cause nobody's asked me." Mercedes shrugged as the rest of the glee club came in. Sam plopping himself down next to Charlotte and beaming at her.

Mr Schue stood in front of the board which read PROM in big bold letters. "Alright, guys – prom." he clapped his hands together.

Sam groaned "Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom."

"Nope – we are the prom." Mr Schue announced. "Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do Run Joey Run." Rachel suggested with a bright smile of excitement as everyone gave her a skeptical look, shooting her idea down straight away.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money" Mr Schue explained. "But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Excuse me." Mercedes muttered, standing up and leaving the choir room in a hurry.

"Is she okay?" Mr Schue asked, turning to the other glee members.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom." Quinn informed him.

"So? I don't have a date." Brittany shrugged, unbothered. "I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so, your dates are really my dates."

"I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes." Kurt said, ignoring Brittany.

"No, let me." Rachel said, leaving the room and running to find Mercedes.
***