𝟮𝟬. 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹

Taylor Swift haters?

Happily, Charlotte skipped into the choir room, quite oblivious to the confused and annoyed faces of her friends

Happily, Charlotte skipped into the choir room, quite oblivious to the confused and annoyed faces of her friends. Taking a seat next to Sam, she finally noticed Jesse stood beside Mr Schue.

"Um, what's he doing here?" She mumbled to Sam who shrugged his shoulders, equally as confused as the whole room.

"New Directions. I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant, Jesse St. James." Mr Schue announced to the kids.

As soon as he said this, Charlotte frowned. She let Jesse be at prom, but she really didn't like the guy. And to make it worse, Finn despised him which made it harder for Charlotte to even try and tolerate him.

"I don't trust this guy." Finn immediately said. "He's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins."

"I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn." Jesse retorted, with a smug smile on his face, causing some of the glee club to snicker at the insult.

"Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls." Mr Schue assured everyone before all hell could break lose. "I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because this is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here.I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should sing a duet." Finn quickly suggested. "We killed it last year at regionals with Faithfully."

"Yeah. killed us. We lost." Quinn muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes at her boyfriends words.

"I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out." Jesse said. "The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."

Over some of the glee clubs laughter, Finn yelled, "You see what I'm talking about? This guy's a jerk!"

"Maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice." Mr Schue attempted to calm the situation.

"Gentle?" Jesse questioned, with a belittling laugh. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were training for the Good Try ribbon at nationals. I thought we were in it to win the whole thing, and there's only one way we can do that."

"Poison darts?" Brittany asked, innocently.

"The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple." Jesse pointed out and the two Hudson's exchanged an eye roll.

"Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them." Jesse explained.

"So what does everyone else do?" Charlotte asked, already not liking this at all.