𝟭𝟴. 𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀

He really cares about you

"Here." Sam said when he came up to Charlotte, shoving a pack of chapsticks in her hands, causing her to frown in confusion.

"thanks?"

"Rachel asked me to prom...told me my lips were cute" he shrugged and smiled slightly, despite what he was going through right now.

"Rachel asked you to prom?" Charlotte questioned, trying not to let her disappointed frown show.

"yeah." He said before seeing a hint of sadness behind her eyes and was quick to reassure her. "I...I said no, by the way."

She smiled then, but not knowing why Rachel would even consider asking Sam to prom. "Well, you should keep these... keep your lips looking cute." she chuckled, giving the chapstick back to him.

"Who are you going to prom with then, Hudson?" He asked her, holding the chapstick carelessly by his side.

"No one yet." She shrugged, looking up at him. "You?"

Sam sighed, taking a deep breath and frowning. "I'm not going prom, not with all that's going on with my family, sorry if you, uh, wanted me to...?."he stammered, unsure himself where he was going with that.

"I understand" she nodded with a sympathetic smile even if she did really want him to come to prom. "I could come to yours that night if you want. We can look after the kids together?"

He shook his head at her, not wanting to let her miss out on things because of him. "I wouldn't want to ruin your night"

"That wouldn't ruin my night!" she insisted, smiling at him genuinely. "It would ruin my night if I was there without someone I really cared about. But I totally understand you, if you don't want to go, it's cool."

"Thing is, I'd love to go to prom with you, but I wouldn't be able to afford a nice dinner or anything and I'd want it to be special."

"well if you did ask me to prom, we could eat at mine. I just like spending time with you." she pouted sweetly at him.
***