𝟭𝟲. 𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴

Charlotte here is a great songwriter!

After losing a week of regionals rehearsals due to sexy week, the New Directions needed to really up their game if they wanted to get that spot at Nationals in New York City, and they were determined to be champions this year!

In her seat from beside Sam, Charlotte listened to Mr Schue while the whole group began to panic at the fact they didn't even have a set list prepared for the upcoming competition.

"Guys, I've got some bad news." Mr Schue announced. "You know how we decided on Sing by My Chemical Romance for Regionals? Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it."

"Ugh, it was the perfect anthem." Puck complained, annoyed.

"How much do you wanna bet Coach Sylvester had something to do with this?" Mercedes asked the group who all agreed.

"One step ahead of you." Mr Schue agreed, pointing to her.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Charlotte wondered, furrowing her eyebrows slightly.

"I think...we should write original songs for Regionals." Rachel suggested again.

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana smirked, already starting to raise her hand.

"No, I think Rachel's right." Quinn spoke up, sitting up straighter, surprising everyone. "This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different."

"Well, that's true but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs. We're not gonna be so good." Mercedes sighed.

"You're right, we're not gonna be as good. We're gonna be better." Quinn encouraged. "We won't be using other peoples' words or music. It'll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel? I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together."

"I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean, if these two can agree on something it's probably an idea worth considering." Finn smiled with a firm nod.

"W-wait, wait. So, suddenly you two are writing the music for Regionals?" Santana asked, unimpressed. "No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song."

"Santana's right, we can do this." Sam nodded his head.

And so it was settled. The New Directions were going to write their own music for regionals.
***