Chapter 8

After the Battle in Trost, the aftermath was expected━bodies scattered on the ground, houses are destroyed, smoke and fire erupted in the skies and blood painted the walls and the ground. It was like a set of a horror apocalypse movie, only this was reality. Soldiers started to retrieve the bodies of their comrades━some are trapped in somewhat a titans' stomach pouch. Many of our comrades died in battle, including Marco. Poor guy, he was one of my close friends during our cadet days.

I frowned as the Scouts carried Eren's unconscious body in a cart as they brought him to God knows where. The Scouts ordered us to return back to our squad as we saluted in response before flying back.

I glanced back to the cart where Eren is as my guts felt something bad, "Something big will happen.."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I arrived at the mess hall with an important news for Mikasa and Armin to hear. It has been a few weeks after the battle in Trost and the arrest on Eren. As I found the two, I immediately sat down as Armin passed me my lunch.

"A debate over Eren? What for?" Mikasa asked when I announced the news

"I'm not really sure, but it might be a plan on what to do with him," I whispered lowly

"And what does that mean?" Mikasa, again, asked

I moved away before frowning, "It means... they're not let him live━" I was cut off when I heard Mikasa stood up from her seat, a worried expression plastered on her face

"Is cadet Mikasa Ackerman, cadet Mia Ichinose and cadet Armin Arlert are present?" An MP soldier appeared at the entrance

The three of us stood up as we presented ourselves to the soldier, "You are ordered to attend as witnesses at today's deliberation!" He announced as we gasped

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
We stood beside Captain Rico as we waited for the judge and Eren to step in. My body was heating up while we are inside the courtroom━as if everything was taking forever. The doors of the courtroom open wide to reveal Eren━his hands chained behind his back as the two MP officers pushed him towards the middle of the courtroom before locking his chains in the pole. I pitied him as he turns his head around, innocence and confusion plastered in his as the judge has finally entered. 

He checked Eren's profile paper before speaking, "Your name is Eren Jaeger and as soldier, you have sworn to give up your life when called to, for the good of the people. Is that correct?" He interrogated

".. Yes," Eren answered as the conversation continued on

"Thus, I will decided whether you live or die.." The judge, Premier Zachary finished

My eyes widened at his statement as I thought some horrible stuff that might happen to him. The trial continued on until the two sides━The Survey Corps and the Military began their statement.

The commander of the Military Police━Nile Dok presented his statement, saying that they will dissect and examine Eren's body to see something further in his titan ability. They acknowledge his abilities, but this ability may create rebellious acts that might be the reason for the fall of humanity.

His statement was right, but Eren is determined enough to control and know the personality of his titan for the greater good of humanity. 

"Unacceptable!" A wall cultist/priest cried as he pointed a finger at Eren, "This fiend has defiled the mighty wall!" He added

I sighed in distaste as we━forcefully━have to listen to this wall cultist ranting about Eren being a danger and disgrace to the walls. I rolled my eyes when Premier Zachary finally stepped in and gave a chance to the Scouts for their case.