Chapter 24

"Levi, Eren, Mikasa, Mia and I will go investigate, the four of you keep watch atop of the wall," Hange ordered, "Eren, do you have the key?" She turned to the brunette boy

Eren held the collar of his shirt, where the key is, "Yes, it's right here,"

Hange nodded as we all prepared to find Eren's home. As we landed at the corrupted ground of Shinganshina, we looked around the streets━the place where our little selves runs around, looking for fun and trouble. I looked over to see a specific spot and I remember the time my mother bought ingredients for my favorite food to cook. Walking further, we remember how we run towards our house━trying to save our loved ones as we hear the screams of the people. We turned to a familiar corner as we found the giant boulder on Eren's house.

"Is this it?" Hange asked as Eren nodded

We approached the dismantled house as we cleaned the area━brushing off some debris and some broken items that belong inside the house (like the plates and cups) until we see the trapdoor of the basement, "Right here," Eren called 

Using a sturdy ply woods, we pushed the boulder off the entrance. Eren found the doorknob as he pulled it open, we were greeted by the eerie, surprisingly clean stairs down to the basement. We all went down the dark path, thankfully we still have the crystal lights that we used earlier. Reaching the main door, Eren pulled out the key but as he inserted it in the lock, it wasn't opening. Eren gasped in shock as we asked him what was going on, "Does he even know how to open a locked door?" I sighed as the captain got impatient.

"This key... it doesn't go to this door," Eren informed

Confused, I spoke, "But, isn't that the key Dr. Jaeger gave you?" 

Irritated, Captain Levi pushed Eren aside as he forcefully kicked down the wooden door, "Well, that's one way.." I commented as we stepped inside

A desk filled with cups and papers, shelves brimming with books and some with beakers of medicine. The room was really fit for a doctor like Dr. Jaeger. Looking around for clues or hints, we're only greeted with medicine Dr. Jaeger experimented on and books that he used. It's basically some doctor's study room. Flipping, shaking and opening every book and drawer that we can find, not a single trace of our goal. 

"Eren.." Mikasa called, in a mumble. We all looked over her━she was bending over at the side of the table as she stared at it, she must've found something. We went over to the side of the table, only to find a small keyhole━this must be the one that belongs to Eren's key. Inserting the key, we heard a small click and Eren pulled the drawer out. 

"It's empty!" He cried

"Wait, look closer," I said as I reached my arm in

Caressing the bottom of the drawer, I felt it was hollow, "It's a false bottom," I announced as I lifted the bottom. We found three books━neatly organized unlike the others on the shelves. This must be it. This must be our answer about the titans━what are they? Where did they come from? How did this all started? Anxiety bubbled up inside the room as we placed the books on top of the table. Eren and Mikasa unfolded our answer to this titan invasion and the first thing we saw...

"That's probably the smallest potrait I've ever seen," I scoffed

"Let me see that," Hange insisted and as she gasped, "No.. It's far too detailed for this to be drawn by a person," She said

Mikasa pointed out some writings from the back, "This is no illustration, instead, this uses light reflected off a subject and burns the image on a special paper. It's called a photograph,

I come from a place outside the walls where humanity lives in elegance," Hange read out

Mouths agape in shock, humanity hasn't perished. This means, that there are more people outside the walls. This means that there is a whole another world out there, that is needed to be explored. We weren't the only ones alive after being destroyed by the titans hundred of years of ago. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I sighed, sitting in my cell alone with only one torch lighting the place. Apparently, after we got back to Wall Rose, me, Eren and Mikasa were locked up for standing up against our higher ups. Understandable, but they put me in more secluded prison cell after they found out about my titan abilities. Captain Levi and Section Commander Hange took charge into reporting my intentions━sadly Commander Erwin passed away, since he's the only one who saw my true intentions. 

The sounds of clinging chains echoed inside the prison cell as I buried myself further into the thin mattress, I hadn't got proper sleep as we got back from retaking Wall Maria because of how uncomfortable the mattress is. Suddenly, I heard the door creaked open and a couple of feet coming in. I sat up on my knees and leaned out to see Captain Levi and Hange.

"Hey there, Mia. How it's been?" Hange greeted as the captain unlocked the cell

Sighing, "Terrible, I hadn't got some sleep.." I answered as Captain unfastened the iron cuffs, "Also, why am I getting released? I still have a week, right?" I questioned

"Well, firstly, it's a bad image for the Scouts to lock up their heroes," She shrugged her shoulders, "Secondly, the higher ups and Her Majesty have heard about your intentions, so there's no doubt you'll turn your back on us," 

I nodded in reply, thankful that the higher ups are considered enough to release me, "Now, let's go and dress properly," Captain Levi ordered

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What's the occasion?" I asked

"Her Majesty has come to Trost," He said