Chapter 20

Everything have been very quiet━there were no titan activity or a report about Reiner and Bertholdt whereabouts. Who knows what those two are up to and are they planning on stopping there. Many of my comrades have been noticing I was draining━like my life flowed out of my body. Only sighed at them and answering that I was only loosing some sleep. It wasn't lying, these past few weeks, I was slowly loosing sleep and I never knew why. I have been getting.. peculiar dreams or nightmares━whatever they are, they're the reason I barely get any sleep.

Another thing that just happened was there are new recruited scouts and to be honest, I despise those cadets━really thinking that killing titans is that easy just because they have training experience. They just don't what was behind everything and they didn't saw what we saw. I couldn't blame them, they were at the regiment without any fighting experience with actual titans. 

Historia has been making good progress as a queen. Recently, she took the kids from the underground city to the outside world━where they can see the sun and feel the fresh air. I wasn't surprised that Captain Levi agreed with her mission since he also grew up there. 

Currently, we were visiting our Cadet Corps commandant, Keith Shadis. Eren mentioned that he saw him in his memories when Rod Reiss and Historia made contact with him. He said that Keith and his dad, Grisha met before and he is sure that Keith knows something that will piece everything up. 

"What's wrong, Braus? Not sitting down?" Shadis asked the frightened brunette

"No! I am quite fine standing here, sir!" Immediately, she answered

"Commandant, with preparations to retake Wall Maria underway, perhaps you can guess what brings us here today.." Section Commander Hange stated

The commandant glanced at us before speaking: "Eren, Mia, both of you really resemble your parents,"

My eyes widened as Eren's mouth agape, "However, Eren, the fangs lurking deep in your eyes are surely your father's," Keith continued

"Tell me about him! Everything you know!" Eren demanded

"Twenty years ago, Wall Maria..." He continues to tell the story on how he met Grisha 

Apparently, he met Grisha outside the walls━he was confuse and lost so they decided to lock him up for now. He mentioned that Grisha lost his memories and he could remember was his name and that he was a doctor. Commandant Keith brought him to a hospital, although, a plague happened and Ms. Carla was one of the victims. He was able to save them and get to marry Ms. Carla. When the commandant became the Commander of the Scouts, death rate increases and that was the time he met me and Eren, when we were just children and he passed down the title to Commander Erwin.

"After Wall Maria was breached, your father met you at the shelter and he brought you to the woods. I tried stopping him━asking him what he's going to do with you, but he warned me to stay away from it." He said

"I saw thunder inside and I went in, just to see your unconscious body and your father gone.. And then, I carried your unconscious body back to the shelter," He finished, "That is everything I know,"

Silence filled the office as I frowned in disappointment. I was sad that Commandant Shadis never mentioned anything about my father, but I guess Eren's had more secrets to piece everything together.

"Now we know the real reason you resigned, Not to atone for the soldier, but because you realized you were never special," Hange stated, "That's the childish reason you're here.." She adds

The Section Commander was furious at Commandant Shadis' reason as she started retaliating at him, but Eren stepped in, "Please stop, Hange. The commandant was right, I was never special or anything.." He trails off