Chapter 18

We travelled down the night after Section Commander Hange and Moblit got back. They reported to us that the Scouts are now finally free, and a fake king was on the throne the whole time━well, without Commander Erwin's and Commander Pyxis' help, we'd still be in trouble. And with that, most of the soldiers in the interior Military Police are now arrested, along with some on the crown and the fake king as well. 

Speaking of Hange, she went back carrying a book that the Commander handed to her. It was investigation report regarding about Lord Reiss' land. Most of its reports had to do with the incident that happened five years ago.

"Right. On the day Wall Maria was breached," Hange explained

Furthermore, she filled in the history of the Reiss' family. It appears that Rod Reiss had five children━including their eldest, Frieda. One night, five years ago, disaster struck. It was informed that some bandits raided and set fire to the chapel. Sadly, the same night, the entire family was there━praying. And so, the whole family was murdered by the bandits, but Rod Reiss survived. 

"Immediately after losing his family, Rod Reiss sought out Historia," Hange stated, "There must be a reason he and his lackeys are after Historia.."

"AH!" I gasped before whipping my head up. Sweat beads dripped down my forehead as my eyes grew wide in shock. "What was that?" I thought to myself. My world just started to blur and every noise was blocked out. It felt like a dream or a memory I suddenly saw before my eyes.

"━ia.. Mia!" Someone called 

I turned my head to the owner. Mikasa was shaking my shoulder with a concern look plastered on her beautiful face, "Is something wrong?" She questioned

I realized that I was now awoken from whatever I was in before nodding in reply, "Y-yeah... I'm good,"

"Are you sure? I was notified that you were like that since Ymir was taken away by Braun and Hoover.." Captain Levi said, doubtful about my answer

(A/N: ok, I don't know what is Bertholdt's real last name. All I can remember was "Hoover" so please don't mind😓)

My face frowned when Ymir was mentioned, surprisingly, I wasn't coughing violently now, "I'm sure, Captain. I wasn't able to get enough sleep.." I lied

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Historia and his father's hand left my bare back as my eyes flew wide in shock. I couldn't believe what I saw. My father... was involve of all of this. I.. Killed him.. I ate my father and gained my titan abilities. And he.. he killed innocent people, inside this chamber. 

"Well, do you remember? Your father's sins?" He asked

I can hear their conversation, I can hear how this man tells Historia about the incident that happened to his family, because of my father, they're all dead. Including the girl that he named "Frieda", who was a "sister" to Historia. 

"Grisha was a person with the Power of the Titans. His goal was to steal the power the Reiss family possessed. This power resided in Frieda. Her titan was superior to all other titans━it was unsurpassable. However, she did not have the experience to properly wield it," Historia's father explained

"Unable to unleash her true potential, she was eaten by Grisha and stole the power,"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
As we continue our journey to Rod Reiss' territory, we discuss about our biggest obstacle━Kenny the Ripper. According to Captain Levi, with those weapons, he's deadlier than the captain himself. Waiting for more Scouts is out of the topic, hence, we have to deal with Kenny and his squad on our own.