CHAPTER 29

The shouting that has been bothering my ears kept going and going and there were multiplying every time I block them out. It has been a few days after our homecoming from Marley, and I was expecting a peaceful greeting from the people, but from I can hear, they were furious about our current situation. Bothered, I stood up from the seat as I walked out━checking what was the commotion about that disturbed my slumber. As I stepped out, I saw a crowd of angry people, trying to get an explanation why Eren and the volunteer soldiers are confined. Rolling my eyes, how did these people knew about that? My eyes widened to see Commander Hange there too, I almost didn't notice her.

"Why are the people be evicted from Shiganshina?! After the Survey Corps helped the Reeves' Company rebuild it?!" A  familiar voice yelled, Flegel

Hange avoided all rants of the Eldian people as she shoved someone off the gate before entering. The frustration and stress on her face says it all, the burden that Commander Erwin has been given to her, but now it seems that she carry all of it. I sighed before going back inside. 

A few minutes later, I wondered myself off outside of an office━where a meeting is currently going on that includes Mikasa and Armin. I thought about apologizing to them after I felt bad on the outburst I did nights before. I looked up when I heard the door creaking open as my eyes widened at the sight behold━Floch, along with other volunteer soldier were chained up as they're assisted by the Military Police. I turned again to see Mikasa and the others exiting as I took my chance to go and speak.

"Mikasa, Armin, what's going on?" I asked

"Floch and the other volunteer soldiers blabbed about the information that Eren's locked up," Mikasa sighed

"And what's their reason?" I questioned

"I guess to get the public to side with them and Eren, so Hange have to choice but to let him out," Armin answered. Rolling my eyes in frustration, of course Floch is behind this. Man has been up on Eren's ass as if he's kind of god━worshipping him and stuff, saying that he "saved" the newly reborn Eldian empire and its people. 

I sighed, "Listen. I'm sorry about bursting out on you nights before. I was just getting stressed over Sasha's death and all of this stuff, I didn't mean to yell out my anger on you and Armin," I sheepishly looked down

A pair of hands grabbed mine as I looked up to Armin's blue orbs, "Mia, we understand that you're being split about this situation. Don't worry, me and Mikasa talked about this after walking out and we're sorry for dragging you into this," He sighed

I hummed in satisfaction, "Thank you and I hope you get to talk to Eren soon," They nodded before escorting the detainees to their cells.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Goddamnit, are you serious?" I grumbled as I looked out the window to see more mobs of people protesting about releasing Eren and the volunteer soldiers

I stood by the hallway where Mikasa and Armin are talking with Premier Zachary. Yeah, I didn't join them, but I'm still concerned of will Premier Zachary accept their permission on talking to Eren. I turned to the door as it opens to reveal both dejected looks on Mikasa and Armin and from that I knew the answer.

"It seems that the Premier didn't let you, huh," I guessed as the two nodded

Mikasa looked back at the office's door, "You were right. There no reason not to try," She said, "Why did he refuse?" She wondered

"If I had to guess, I'd say the government has already given up on Eren," Armin stated as 3 military personnel walked by us. We stopped walking as we turned to those people━suspicious on their actions as they entered the office.