Chapter 21

Walking down the dark path towards Wall Maria made my back shiver. The Survey Corps was now taking charge of retaking Wall Maria, with Eren's newly found powers, we can now finally plug up the wall and the people can go back. Every step I take, my heart skips a nervous beat, sweat dripped down my forehead as I held up my light around my surrounding.  

"Sorry, you have to be stuck with my horse.." Eren said to Mikasa

"You're supposed to be saving your energy," The ravenette answered

Continue walking, we encountered one titan, but luckily, those weren't the "moonlight titans"━according to Hange which are the titans that attacked Ymir and Historia in the castle. My eyes started to droop because of tiredness and less sleep, adding to that, we left the headquarters by dusk. My body continues to shake because of the cold and anxious. "Damn, I just want to sleep after this... I hope we finish this fast," I said to myself.

Decided to distract myself, I peered my head around the area then I realized, "I recognized this place.." I mumbled as they all looked me in curiosity

I sigh in bliss and I wrapped it up for the day. I dusted my dress and my hands━gotta keep up the proper hygiene or else my mom would scold me as I carried the basket of sticks and small logs on my shoulder before venturing home.

"This is... where I came here for firewood," I said

Someone called out that we were now close to the foot of Wall Maria. My eyes widened in awe, "We're almost home," I sighed

"The first time.. since we fled from here," Armin agreed

As we step out of the forest, the familiar breeze of Wall Maria met my skin as nostalgic memories came flooding back━as if I can see my younger self running around the fields, playing with them or collecting firewood for dinner. 

I hopped on my horse as we charged towards the wall, "Our operations begins now! All troops, switch to ODM gear!" Commander Erwin ordered

I activated my ODM gear as it brought me off my horse and onto the top of the wall━along with other scouts. The plan was there will be scouts scattered the place as they monitor Eren sealing up both holes of the wall.  With that, Shiganshina will be isolated and execute the titans inside. We were required to wear our hoods on, so the enemy will be confuse who is Eren between 100 soldiers. 

As I landed on top of the wall, I looked over the wrecked area of my hometown, "Don't stop! Head for the outer gate!" Captain Levi ordered

Following the Captain's orders, I dropped off the top as I activated my ODM gear before venturing the outer gate. We passed by the destroyed buildings and landmarks as it saddened me that our hometown had to go through this. 3 lines of green smoke appeared at the outer gate as Eren transformed to his titan form. As he complete his transformation, his crystallization sealed the outer gate and Eren's body immediately popped out the nape. They announced the outer gate was successfully closed. Everything was according to the plan, but something feels wrong or worse, something is wrong, there was no single attack from the enemy or any titans around Shiganshina.

Bang!

My head shot up towards the top of the wall as a red line of smoke slowly emerged. Confused, we stopped at the middle of the wall, "The signal to halt the mission, all troops, scatter and stand by atop the wall!" Hange commanded

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Looks like Armin used his big brain again.." I commented as Eren nodded in agreement. Peering down, hundreds of Scouts investigated the walls for possible hiding spot of the enemy. Armin must've found something when it comes to Reiner and Bertholdt's whereabouts.