chapter two

soobin pov:

>> next day at school >>

i went to my seat and just sat there, bored. behind me was felix and y/n, happily talking. i feel like such a third wheel even when i'm not even part of their conversation- soon, y/f/n came in. she went to her seat (a.k.a the seat beside me) and sat down.

"sorry y/f/n..." i said. she just sat in her seat and ignored me. "i'm serious. i know you like felix really much, but we have to accept the fact. y/n and felix are together, and the two we were working for are gone, alright?" i told her. "i know. you don't have to rub it in alright?" she said, and she plopped her head on the table.

soon, i heard soft sniffles. was y/f/n crying? "y/f/n are you okay?" i asked. "totally am," she said. "tell me what's wrong, maybe i can help?" i said. "what can you even help with? everything goes wrong with me, this is so unfair..." she said. the teacher came in and she immediately wiped off the tears.

"we talk after school alright?" i told her. she nodded her head and started to take out the books we needed for the first lesson. "class stand," mr han said. we all stood up and greeted him. after signaling us to sit, he said, "the first school term will be ending soon, so we will soon be breaking off for the term break." at that moment, everyone started cheering. i cheered along too, cuz why not-

"don't be too excited yalls, it's not all for yourselves. we will be going for a class trip during the holidays!" mr han said. some continued to cheer, others groaned. was i happy? yeah of course, it's boring at home alone. y/f/n didn't seem really happy though... maybe it's cuz y/n and felix would be there, she would probably get super jealous looking at those two together. guess i'll have to be there for her...

>> time skip to after school >>

we all started to pack our bags and left the classroom. "let's go to the rooftop?" i asked. "sure," y/f/n replied. we went to the rooftop and sat there. "so... what's up?" i asked. "i... i'm just really... salty... i just don't get it. why does y/n get everything good? why don't i have such luck? it's... it's just not fair!" she said.

"ah, i get that feeling... same here. did i ever tell you, i had a brother... he was really smart, he also had really really great visuals. and when i say great, it's like he just walked out of a comic. everything went super well for him, and i was really jealous. my parents doted on him, and people liked to compare us both. and i really hate it when my parents asked why i can't be smarter. especially when i'm really trying, i'm trying really hard to make them proud.

so one day, i did something i really regret till this day. i tricked my brother into drinking a drink i put rat poop in. it was meant to be just a prank and i didn't expect the poop to have poison in. after he drank it, he went into a coma and was announced dead soon after. till this day, i really hate myself for doing what i did that time. if only i didn't do that, he would've still be alive... i rather get compared to than lose my only companion. i did hate it that people compared us, but he was also a great brother..." i said.

"wow- that's a lot you've been through..." y/f/n said, "i never knew..."