Chapter 20

5 years later

Ross' POV
Everything is perfectly normal and Paige and I already broke up few months ago because we thought we weren't right for each other and I got a new girlfriend her name is Scarlett. I met her at culinary class. Yah. I became a world class chef and she's one of the managers at work. So we dated and we are together for about 3 months now. I really forgot everything before. No more drama and life's great. I'm on my way to work and my boss told me I need to do something.

• • •

Boss: Ross ! you're late.

Ross: I'm sorry. There was a traffic.

Boss: It's okay. Now I am giving a big offer. A once and a lifetime opportunity. So how would you like to cook for a grand wedding.

Ross: Sure Sir. But who and where would be exactly do it ?

Boss: Not in our country in a different one and a Royal Wedding.

Ross: Okay. I would do it. So when do we start ?

Boss: Tomorrow. The princess and the queen is coming tomorrow.

Ross: Okay. See you sir.

• • •

Boss: You're early Ross. So now we would just need to wait for the Queen and Princess.

Ross: So what country are they from in ?

Boss: Somewhere in Europe.

Ross: Ah ok.

????: Hello sir. Are you Mr.Thomas ?

Boss: Oh yes. What brings you here ?

????: I'm Marcus the butler of the queen and princess. So they are outside.

Thomas: Kindly bring them in .

Marcus: Certainly.

Queen: Hello there Thomas.

Thomas: Oh. Queen Ellen. Nice to see you today.

Ellen: Yes. my daughter is outside.Laura.

Ross: Laura ? Marano ?

Ellen: Yes. How do you know my daughter ?

Ross: Um. Before I answer that um where's Laura ?

Ellen: She's outside. Marcus could you call her ?

Marcus: Of course. Princess !

(Laura comes in)

Laura: Ross ?

Ross: Laura. Oh My god !

Laura: Why are you here ?

Ross: I'm the chef.

Laura: Wait. You're gonna be the one cooking in my wedding ?

Ross: Yeah. And you're getting married ?

Laura:Yeah.

Ellen: Okay. This is very awkward right now so Thomas let's start.

Thomas: I'm glad to. Now everyone please sit down. So first up. Big buffet or a selected food ?

Laura: Selected ones to be in order.

Thomas: (writes down) Right on the list. For the appetizer would you want ?

Laura: How about a sushi bar ?

Ellen: Ny really formal Laur. How about a shrimp salad ?

Laura: I thought it's my wedding ?

Ellen: But honey.It's a big day. Everyone is gonna be watching "Royal Wedding"

Laura: You know what. Mom you can plan it and I'll leave. Bye (leaves)

Ellen: Laura don't--. Well let's just reschedule it.

Thomas: Sure. Next Week.

Ellen: Okay.

• • •

Ross' POV
Well that was weird. I don't know what happened in there. It was fine but after awhile Laura got mad ? Why is she mad. ? Am I the reason of this ? I haven't seen her in a long time now and she just do that. I need to talk to her. But where could she be ? Ah ! I know. Maybe she's at that diner downtown. I hope she's there.

I went to the diner and I am right she's there sitting alone at the corner. Here goes nothing.

• • •

Ross: Hey could I take a sit with you ?

Laura: I'm sorry but--- Ross ? What are you doing here ?

Ross: I know you'd be here and I really need to talk.

Laura: What's there to talk about ? I mean we're over and we are never ever getting back together like ever !

Ross: What ! Who said I'm getting back together with you ?!? I have a girlfriend and I'd never cheat on her.

Laura: Oh. Then what brings you here ?

Ross: You know what before that, why do we always come up to each other and end up being mad at each other ?

Laura: I don't know ! It's your fault. I don't do anything about this but you'd be always screaming at me !

Ross: Uh. Screw it. I came her to ask you why did you just leave like that ?

Laura: None of your business.

Ross: Hey. It doesn't mean we are not together doesn't mean you can't talk to me. I'll always be there for you.

Laura: That was BEFORE okay. PAST TENSE. No more US in this.

Ross: I'm trying to help you here but all you do is just push me out. I knew it was a bad idea but I still came because I CARE ! Bye Laura. (Leaves)

• • •

Laura's POV
Why did I become like this ? Ever since did I end up being this heartless monster ? Everything changed the day Ross came to Cambridge. It hurts me to know that he still loves me but I keep on just turning him down. I love him. But now since I don't have my " Prince Charming" which by the way will never exist my mother brought in this dude named "Prince Matthew" He proposed and I was forced to live with him for he rest of my life. Which is just ruining my life and chaotic. I messed up everything. I feel like crap. Why do I always give everyone the cold shoulder ? They are just trying to help it's stupid. I feel horrible. I need to talk to him.

The house. Looks the same five years ago still has the scent of red roses. I missed this place so much. The doormat still the same and very clean. I rang the doorbell and he opened the door.

Ross:Look if your here to apologize, it's not gonna work. Bye Laura. (Shuts the door)

Laura: (pushes back the door) Wait ! I need to explain.

Ross: Explain what ?

Laura: Some Things.

Ross: I'll give you 5 minutes. Come in.

Laura: (comes in and sits on the couch) Nothing really changed here. Still the same.

Ross: Stop blabbering and start explaining.

Laura: I'm so sorry for what happened awhile ago. I didn't mean to lock you out. I was just annoyed by mom who keeps on controlling my life. I know that you cared but I can't take it all in one at a time. I saw you and made me confused. And so I----

Ross: Wait. How am I connected to this ?

Laura: I don't know ! But I felt this thing it was weird I don't now how to explain it and I -----

Ross: You know what leave my house right now.

Laura: What do you mean ?

Ross: Get out !

Laura: Wait !

Ross: (pushes her outside the door) Bye Laura. (Slams the door)

Laura: Well that was rude !