Xiao | 生日•Birthday

"To be able to spend some time with you is enough

"To be able to spend some time with you is enough."

━━┅━━━┅━━
𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨

━━┅━━━┅━━

a soft breeze rustled through the golden leaves, resulting in some of them gracely falling down to the ground.

the sun shone through the yellow crown of the trees, distant chatter was heard of various people, coming from far away for any business they had in Liyue.

but all that went unnoticed by the dark haired male on the very top of Wangshu Inn.

his hair flowed in the wind, seeming as if it danced and his amber hues focused on the scenery in front of him.

Xiao was never fond of his birthday or any celebrations at all, in his opinion, they were simply a waste of time.

what was so special about being one year older? he never understood the things mortals enjoyed. human emotions were a puzzle, never meant to be solved by him.
atleast that was what he thought, until he met you.

"you shouldn't be here."
his cold voice startled you but it didn't have a major effect on you.

after spending time with him, you got used to his distant behaviour and didn't mind it much.

it took a lot of patience and convincing but eventually you grew close to him.
he respected you and didn't think of you as a little pathetic human but more like a friend.

chuckling you finally stepped out of your hiding spot making your way towards the male.
in your hand you held a plate of his favourite dish and a few Qingxin you collected for him.

it was his special day after all and even though you knew he didn't care, you still felt the need to make it rememberable so you invited your closer friends and even the traveler to a little celebration at Wangshu Inn.

just Xiao was missing and who else could convince him to enjoy his birthday if not you?

"i wanted to give you my present and maybe you want to join the others downstairs, they came for you after all" you responded when finally standing beside him, holding out the freshly made almond tofu.

the sweet fragrance quickly captivated the adeptus and he began to deliciously munch on it after snatching it quickly from you.

outstanders wouldn't notice, but Xiao's expression softend and you could see he appreciated your actions even if he didn't tell you.

his little obsession over the dessert always amused you but atleast you get to see a peaceful Xiao, eating without any worry.

after finishing he adverted his gaze to the ground.
it made you wonder if anything was wrong since you have never seen Xiao in this state before.

it was unusal to say at least, the cold and distant adeptus afraid of keeping eye contact with a mere human.

taking a deep breath he reached inside his pocket and pulled out a crystalfly he recently caught. still hesitant his hand neared you and gently put it into your hair.

"i decided i would find a crystalfly for you - to put in your hair. i thought that ... it would look nice."

his amber eyes now stared into your
(e/c) ones while he said that, a slight blush evident on his face.

you knew it took him a lot to say this to you and hearing Xiao made you flush aswell. just now you noticed the proximity of both your faces making you burst into a brighr color of red.

looking into his hues, you slowly leaned closer to him, Xiao doing the same until the little gap between you finally closed and your lips met eachother.

it was his first kiss and feeling your soft lips against his made tons of butterflies erupt in his stomach. all the pain and suffering flew away with your mere presence and he would do anything for you.

he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you, oh how foolish it is of him to fall for a mortal but love can survive every obstacle.

"i wish to be with you, forever."

a/n

just a short birthday chapter for our emo adepti :)

make sure to vote!
and i decided that i'll try to post a new chapter once a week.
sorry but with school starting again, updating