Barbara | 生日•Birthday

"i hope you can come listen to my new song when you are free

"i hope you can come listen to my new song when you are free."

━━┅━━━┅━━
𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐚
━━┅━━━┅━━

crowds cheered loudly with admiring faces, looking up to a blonde female who stood on a platform and peformed a song.

it was a special day and Barbara already got plenty gifts and congratulations. only thing missing to complete her birthday was your presence.

it was quite a while since she has last seen you. with her birthday approaching and the new song she wrote, the young girl had a full calendar with her church duties on top of everything.

it was exhausting to say atleast, but seeing her fans happy, made her glad that she could perform for them.

still, something was missing.

a few days before, the short female sent you a letter, asking you to come by whenever you have time. but since then it seemed like you disappeared.

the deaconess assumed that you were out of Mondstadt again, without saying goodbye to her but she couldn't let negative thoughts flood her mind.

she had to concentrate on the crowd in front of her, cheering for more.

although Barbara was a bit tired from the songs she already performed, one was left.

glancing over the people, her ocean hues searched for a certain (h/c) haired female just to find nothing.

trying to not let her disappointment show, she mustered a smile and waved at the crowd.

"this is my last song for today! i wrote it for someone special, who means alot to me. i hope you enjoy it!"

and the music started to play.

Smile an everlasting smile
A smile can bring you near to me

all the times when she felt down, you were there to help her up. you were the one who encouraged her to be confident and do what she liked.

Don't ever let me find you down
'Cause that would bring a tear to me

often times you would simply be there for her when Barbara worried for her sister or broke under the pressure that's on her.
being an idol and the deaconess wasn't easy, but Barbara learned to work hard while thinking about herself aswell thanks to you.

This world has lost its glory
Let's start a brand new story now, my love

whenever you sent her the smallest smile, it caused her heart to make the loudest sounds. it was quickening his pace and her face became all red. just why did she feel like this?

Right now, there'll be no other time
And I can show you how, my love

she loved you. it was clear for the young female, without you she wasn't complete. with this song, she wanted to confess but it seemed impossible.

Talk in everlasting words
And dedicate them all to me
And I will give you all my life
I'm here if you should call to me

she wanted to be the one you could rely on like she did on you. she wanted to be the one who woke up next to you, made breakfast or combed through your soft hair.
her dream shall come true.

You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say

all she hoped for, was that you would be there to hear her sing. one last time before she would let go. let you go.

Barbara closed her eyes as she sang the last lines with her soothing voice.
she was slowly giving up, her hope to see you died with each passing second.

It's only words and words are all I have
To take your heart away

she always doubted herself. her older sister was so much better, successful and more helpful.

deep inside, Barbara wished for the attention Jean received. she was working hard too! why couldn't she be acknowledged the way they did her sister?

only you were the one who saw her for her. accepted her mistakes, comforted her during breakdowns and cheered the blonde girl up when she felt down.

the last notes drowned in the loud cheering of the crowd and the female opened her blue eyes again, which widend in shock, but aswell happiness as soon as they spotted you.

a gentle smile decorated your face and the deaconess could feel herself burst as her heart drummed against her chest and a visible blush spreading.

you came, and you didn't need words to say what you both felt.

a/n

not proof-read bc im lazy