16 | 温暖的•Warm

not proof-read

„i have never felt this warm before

„i have never felt this warm before."

━━┅━━━┅━━
𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━┅━━━┅━━

a fresh breeze slithered through the resting city. you on the other hand were wide awake, laying in your bed unable to shut one eye.

you tossed and turned for hours but it didn't seem like you would be getting any sleep tonight.

deciding that you could be more productive instead, you got up and made your way into your kitchen. even though the wind pace picked up and was howling outside, you didn't feel cold at all.

in your kitchen you reached for a glass and began to brew tea, maybe it would help you sleep.
while you waited for the water to boil, you noticed a swift shadow outside passing your window.

the usually lively garden wasn't illuminated much, but you could still make out a shadow running outside.

sensing possible danger you made your way to the frontdoor with your hands on your weapon, ready to strike any unwelcomed guests.  

eyebrows furrowed and analyzing the peaceful scenery. nothing seemed out of place and your tense shoulders relaxed a bit. you assumed it merely was a shadow of a tree or some wild animal running around, nothing to worry about.

your house wasn't exactly inside of the city, so it would make more sense if it was a monster or anything. maybe a hilichurl? no, they wouldn't just pass by the window, but instead would try to get in your house.
but again, there was no way these incompetent creatures would be able to get onto your property.

suspicion flooded your mind, but you let it rest. it was late after all and after the amounts of work you had to do daily, you barely got time to rest properly.

you made your way inside again, the water was already boiling and you poured yourself a cup of the warm liquid. you watched as the once clear water turned into a dark orange with great interest.

overthrown with duties at an early age you never got the chance to enjoy the little things in life. now that you thought about it, you never took a walk outside at night to just enjoy the idyllic scenery. you either slept or took patrols, always cautious and on the edge.

one day you might be able to do just that. but that won't be tonight nor the following ones.

your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a loud knocking at your door. your eyes shot towards the ticking clock and you wondered who might be here at this late night hour. carefully you made your way towards your front door once again, this time even more cautious than before.