Mondstadt | 结语•Epilogue

the sun rays shone through the greens leaves that swayed in a light breeze in the city of freedom.
around two weeks have passed, and eventually it was time for your departure once again.

everyone knew no place could hold you there for a long time, your heart longed for adventures and journeys. that's why you became the adventure guild's captain after all, but no one expected you to leave so soon.

you had all your bags packed with necessities and wanted to say goodbye one last time before you made your way to Liyue.
the span of your stay at the harbour city was still unknown for you, after all a few companions who lived there only asked for your assistance in an urgent matter without telling you how long it would take.

but you had a few friends there anyways, so it wouldn't hurt to visit them if you were already there.
in those two weeks that you spent in Mondstadt you catched up with all your great friends and enjoyed the classic specialities again (wine).
but besides that there were tons of paperwork that had to be done once you got there.

but now you finished most of it and even worked on many documents that would be needed in the future in case you weren't there if they were needed.

to sum it all up, your stay in Mondstadt was everything, but relaxing. but you still enjoyed it very much, especially all the time you got to spend with your dear friends.

after you eventually bid goodbye to everyone, you made your way to dawn winery where you were supposed to meet up with Aether and Paimon. your bags were quite heavy with all the trinkets your friends gave you as a souvenir and the rations of food you packed for the journey.

it won't be a nice walk to Liyue after all, but you were prepared and knew what dangers lurked around.

ever since your first encounter in Jean's office you and the traveler agreed that you would go to Liyue together, since that was their next destination anyway and you needed to do something in Liyue aswell.

Paimon told you during a lunch you three had that the traveler was looking for his sister and was willing to go through every nation to find her.

you knew the nations well and had many contacts everywhere, so you offered them some help on their journey which they thankfully accepted.

their aim was to find Rex Lapis during the rite of descension and ask about further whereabouts about Aether's sister. you understood his motivation and assured him that you would assist him in any way possible.

the three of you met up early in the morning, fog was still visible and the sun just began to rise.
Aether sent you a smile as soon as he saw your approaching figure and Paimon enthusiastically waved you. the two were really a odd combination, but perhaps that's exactly what you need?

so now, a new adventure awaits you with the traveler and Paimon as your companions.
who knows what the future holds for you.
but soon enough you will find out.

„are you ready? let this journey begin."

━━┅━━━┅━━

Saving file...

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

10%
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

30%
████▒▒▒▒▒▒

50%
███████▒▒▒

100%
██████████

Saving complete!

━━┅━━━┅━━

°•. ✿ .•°

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ʟᴇᴠᴇʟ 2!
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪꜱʜ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ?

▢ ʏᴇꜱ ▢ ɴᴏ

.•° ✿ °•.

━━┅━━━┅━━

a/nalright, mondstadt arc has ended for now

a/n
alright, mondstadt arc has ended for now. future characters will be added gradually.

!important!
the mondstadt arc might gave you the feeling that this is more of a oneshot book, but it isn't. now the plot of this fanfiction will also follow the story in the actual game. i will still try to write it so that you don't need to read everything to understand the plot, but it all connects with eachother.

thank you for reading so far!
love you all <3