Venti | 生日•Birthday

"I'll be happy just as long as I'm with you

"I'll be happy just as long as I'm with you."

━━┅━━━┅━━
𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢
━━┅━━━┅━━

it seemed as if the anemo archon was in a good mood today, since the wind was merely a weak breeze cooling down the citizens of Mondstadt who worked hard day and night.

everyone enjoyed the pleasant weather, either running small errands or sitting outside while chatting with friends.
they all sat together with someone and had the time of their lives. laughter filled the once terrified city and cheerful faces were everywhere.

just a lonely bard didn't participate at the festivities. although, one might think that it would be the perfect opportunity to gain a lot of money, he didn't seem too interested in that.

happy faces smiled at him as he walked along the streets of Mondstadt. Venti felt proud of what the people established, but deep inside of him he just wished for some company, even if it's just for his birthday.

the bard dismissed the thought quickly, he wouldn't dare to get close to anybody. it was simply too risky and he wouldn't want the same to happen again.

Venti just kept walking while being in his own thought, drifting to different topics he could soon sing about.

without realizing it, the archon made his way to starsnatch cliff on the very top of it. it was already late afternoon and the sun began to slowly set.

"oh, to have someone to be by my side..."

a wish that couldn't come true.

a wish he never believed in.

a wish, that would only bring him more pain and suffering.

year after year, the lonely bard only saw his friends pass away, one after another.
that's why he chose to distance himself from everyone, never attach to anyone and only rely on himself.

they would all disappear anyway

but fate had other plans.
w

hile he sat at the cliff, dangling his feet around and strumming midless tunes on his lyre, a person approaches him.

after taking a stroll through Mondstadt's region, you decided you wanted to enjoy the sunset at starsnatch cliff. it was exhausting to climb it up all the way, but in the end you thought you would be rewarded with a breathtaking view.

after a long walk you finally reached your destination on the very top of the windy cliff. the sun was just about to set, when you arrived and the sight was stunning.

it was breathtaking indeed, but your focus wasn't on the sunset.

his braided hair flowed in the wind, his delicate hands strummed his lyre, erupting a peaceful melody and his eyes were closed.

it was the prettiest tune you have ever heard played by the prettiest human you have ever seen.

his long lashes fluttered and his aqua green hues slowly opened. a small smile stretched on his soft-looking lips and the bard turned to where you stood.

realizing that you have been caught looking at him, a faint blush spread across your cheeks and you straightend your posture.

"it's rude to stare at strangers, you know?" a teasing smile was sent towards you wo widend both eyes.

you immediately bowed down and asked the bard for forgiveness "i apologize for my behaviour. it was rude of me and i hope you can dismiss my mistake."

since you faced the with green grass covered ground, you couldn't see his reaction and his silence gave you a bad feeling.

after a short moment of not saying anything, a loud laughter was heard.
you curiously looked up to the bard, peeking to see what caused his amusement.

he held his stomach and had his eyes closed, tears of joy brimming at the edge of his aqua hues, his wooden lyre was beside him.

the sight made you speechless. the sun behind him gave Venti a stunning glow, and his laughter set butterflies in your stomach.

"h-haha, you are just too adorable!"
the bard managed to wheeze out.

his words intensified the blush on your face and you didn't know how to feel.

you've only seen him a few times on the streets, but never really paid any attention. yet you had a feeling that you would know eachother since forever.

you were speechless and didn't know how to respond, noticing it Venti decided to speak up again after calming down.

a gentle smile rested on his face when he properly turned to you.

"come here, enjoy the sunset with me~"

a/n

sorry for the late update, school's stressing me out 😥

i'll try to update the main story tmr but i can't promise anything