𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 <𝟯

Almost 4 years.

4 years since the one man I've ever loved left me.

The man I shared every secret of my life with and gave myself to.

Fuck it still hurts.

How pathetic, am I right?

I'm still pining over the guy who left me when I was 18.

I'm now 22, going to be 23 in 8 months.

I don't even know how I ended up where I am but I don't regret it, partly. After the accident that happened almost 4 years ago, I spent two weeks in the hospital and another three weeks recuperating at home. I let my sadness and depression take over. I was doing so badly in school that I was dangerously close to losing my scholarship. So what did I do? I dropped out.

Yeah...

At first, it was just going to be a gap year, I was going to move to Los Angeles with Jaden; my brother, since he had gotten drafted into the Los Angeles Chargers. I was happy to stay in California. But in said year I discovered that photographing was more than a dream for me. It was a passion, a desire, a need. So with that being said, two months before my gap year was supposed to end I broke the news to Jaden. I was 19 at the time so it's not like he could force me to return to college but he was disappointed I wouldn't get a degree.

But you don't need a degree for taking pictures. Well...

Okay, I'm going to lie, being the sister to an NFL player has its perks. When Jaden's manager arranged for his first endorsement Jaden said he would only do it if I photographed the session.

At that point, I was a month away from turning 20 but I was good at what I did and I knew it. Jaden's manager; Ethan, reluctantly agreed but saying he was pleased with the pictures would be an understatement.

Thanks to both Jaden and Ethan I have gotten to where I am pretty quickly for my age. I'm 22 and I own my own photography company. I'm still fascinated by sports and anything that involves athletes, so my company is strictly athlete-based. What does that mean? It means I work alongside many sports companies such as Nike, Puma, Converse, and many more. I also work with major athletes, at first, it consisted of only NFL players but as I grew so did my clientele.

Although I work strictly with athletic companies, I also work with nonathletic companies such as Gucci, Prada, etc. But I only make an exception if an athlete is endorsing.

I love my job. I've made great connections and friends along the line.

Around May, a little over a year since I left San Luis Obispo, Rebecca contacted me.

After I left I pretty much drifted from everyone. I was only really friends with the guys because I had to be. Don't get me wrong I loved them, they were like brothers to me, but neither of us tried to stay in contact after I left. Kenzie was a bit different, I remained in contact with her for a few months but slowly we started drifting. Roman, well we all know what happened with Roman.

Rebecca on the other hand was much more complicated. I love Rebecca dearly but it was hard being in contact with my ex-boyfriend's sister. But she wasn't only my ex's sister, she was my best friend. We stayed in contact but it's safe to say we weren't as close as we were before the accident.

She and Jaden had called off whatever they had going on on good terms.

Anyways she called me since she knew I was living in LA and told me she got her dream internship in LA, and she was moving here by the end of summer. I was more than esthetic about it but I couldn't help but feel hope that Roman would come with her.

He didn't.

We've been living together for almost 3 years now and it's been amazing. She never mentions Roman but that doesn't mean I don't know of him.

I saw him when I went to Rebecca and Dean's graduation. We made eye contact and I freaked. I ran. Cowardly, I know. But I had spent a whole year trying to get over him, so you can imagine that seeing him triggered something in me.

Even though that was the last time I saw him in person, I have heard of him.

That same year I took a gap, which is the year Roman started blowing up. Don't know how he did it but he's a current and most famous heavyweight champion at the mere age of 24.

Rebecca and I never speak of him but one day she came home super excited and let it slip that Roman was moving back, with Aria to California.

I just hope I never have to encounter him.