𝟯𝟬 | 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹...𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 <3

Wednesday, July 28th

I hate today.

I woke up and found my car with a flat so I was late for my 9:00 appointment, which means I was late for my 11:00 photoshoot, which means I was late for my ultrasound.

This is probably the 6th ultrasound I've had since the first that Roman missed. I have to give him credit. He hasn't missed a single appointment since. No matter what it is he's always there.

This appointment is a little special though. It's the first time Aria's joining us. By the time I arrived at the doctor's office I was 15 minutes late. Thankfully Roman checked in for me and we haven't been called back yet.

"What's up with you?" He asks after kissing my forehead and stomach. "I got a flat which has made me late for every single appointment today." I kiss Aria on her cheek and sit down next to Roman. "To make matters worse I didn't have a spare so I had to ask my neighbor, Katie for a ride and I've been Ubering everywhere." I'd be totally over today if I didn't have this ultrasound appointment. "How was your day?" I ask with a smile. With a snap of two fingers, I can change emotions quickly. It's a skill I've perfected.

"Amazing compared to yours." He says. "I trained most of the day and picked up Aria early from school." Roman sends Aria to some private rich kid school where the children of a bunch of celebrities attend. She's in summer break but she attends a summer school program once a week. Surprisingly enough she's the one that asked Roman to enroll her.

The nurse comes out and moves us to the same room that I'm always in. "Are you excited?" I ask Aria once the nurse does her routine check-up. "Yes." She replies with a smile. "Am I having a brother or sister?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Not sure, by next month we'll know," I tell her.

She groans, "that's going to take forever." I know. I can't wait any longer! Either way, I'll be happy as long as the baby's healthy, but I'm dying to know the gender so I can start decorating the nursery and picking out names.

"Hi Kai, how are you?" Dr. Alvarez asks when she walks in. "Tired. How are you?"

"Great thanks for asking." She says. "I see we have a new guest with us today." She says referring to Aria.

We do the whole basic routine of her applying the gel and also questions. I honestly thought today would be any normal check-up until she says, "well it looks like I can tell you the baby's gender today." My eyes widen and I slightly sight up.

"I thought it wasn't possible to tell until 20 weeks." I'm only 17 and a half weeks along. "It all honesty depends on the baby's position, and if they allow them selfs to show. Your baby seems eager to be revealed." She says with a chuckle.

"We want to know," Roman says.

"Uh- no, we don't," I say. "Please." He begs.

"Roman no. I want a gender reveal, Rebecca's already started her Pinterest board on it." And I want a party for me and my baby.