You're In Love, Right?

Your P.O.V.

After bonding with Wonyoung's friends, they went separate ways and Wonyoung and I were going in the same direction, so we walked home together.

"Did you have fun today, Y/n?" Wonyoung asked me

"Of course I did, you guys made it fun." I said and we both smiled.

"Thank you, Wonyoung." I said while looking at the ground.

"Hm? Why?" she asked as I saw in the corner of my eyes she looked at me.

"Because you hanged out with me today, you and your friends. I'm just glad that I already knew a nice person like you in this school." I said, averting my gaze to her from time to time.

"That's nothing. Of course I would hang out with you. Ever since you helped me with my wallet yesterday, I already knew you're a good person." she said while staring straight ahead.

It was silent for a while, until we were now in front of the apartment where me and my mom lives in.

"Thanks again for today. See you tomorrow?" I said as I turned to her.

"Sure. It was really nice seeing you again." she said with the same pretty smile on her face.

We were about to part ways but she suddenly spoke.

"Hey Y/n. I forgot to ask you, but can we exchange numbers? You know, just in case." she said while gesturing a phone in her hand.

I simply smiled and gave her my phone while she gave me hers. After typing in our numbers, we returned each other's phone and I saw the name she saved on my phone.

Wonyo💕

I giggled at how cute she put her name in, so she looked at me and did the same.

"We're having nicknames now?" I said while smiling widely.

"Y/n-ie" she said cutely and we both burst into laughter. After we finally calmed down we stared at each other's eyes before bidding goodbye again. But I thought of something.

"Wonyoung- I mean Wonyo!" I said and she looked back giggling.

"Yes, Y/n-ie?" she said teasingly so I blushed a little while trying to get the words out from my mouth.

"We're friends now, right?" I asked

She looked at me for I don't know how long, before she eventually showed a big grin.

"We can be more than that if you want to." she said and wiggled her eyebrows. Damn this girl knows how to get someone flustered. And yeah it's having an effect on me.

I tried to shrug off the giddy feeling inside me and replied to her.

"You mean, best friends? I'd love to!" I said happily.

I thought my eyes were fooling me when I saw her smile fade for a second but she recovered quickly, giving me a smile, a not-so-big one now.

"Yeah. Best friends." she said and averted her gaze at the bushes nearby.

"Well, I have to go now. My mom, I mean our parents might be looking for us already." I said to change the topic.

"Sure. See you tomorrow?" she said

"Yeah." I replied.

I watched as she continue walking to make sure she comes home safely. Until I saw her walk into the apartment next to ours. So, she lives nearby?

Wonyoung's P.O.V.

As soon as I opened the door to my room, I jumped onto my bed and closed my eyes for a while, feeling the tiredness sink into me. I was ready to drift off to sleep when I felt vibration in my pocket.

I grabbed my phone and saw a text message from Y/n. I smiled at the name I put in her number.

Y/n-ie💕
Did you come home safely? I have news to tell you.

I sat up and texted her back.

What news?

She almost replied in an instant.

Y/n-ie💕
We're neighbors! I saw you walk home(I'm not a creep, just making sure you're safe)

I laughed at what she said and when I read that she wanted to make sure I was safe, I felt something weird but good inside of me.

Y/n-ie💕
And I saw you walk right in the apartment next to ours! Isn't that cool? We can walk to school and back home everyday from now on!

When she said that, I felt so happy that I stood up and looked outside my window, expecting to see a familiar face. I knew it was dumb but I don't know what has gotten into me. So I texted her back.

Can you look out your window right now? I wanna see something.

I waited for a reply while looking at the window. Until I heard a beep.

Y/n-ie💕
Look outside

As soon as I did, I saw her face in a distant. She was smiling at me like she was looking at the moon so I felt something weird again. My heartbeat became faster, and I feel my face heat up.

"What is this?" I asked myself.

I smiled back at her, unsure of what to do. Then I saw her type at the phone on her hands before looking back at me through the window. As soon as my phone received a text I opened it and read what she said.

Y/n-ie💕
Even though I'm so far away, I can clearly see how beautiful you are.

I looked back at her and saw her smile grew wider. Okay I'll have to admit, she knows how to make a person feel something.

Okay you need to stop flattering me. This isn't healthy.

Y/n-ie💕
What? Complimenting someone isn't healthy now?

Yes. I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack because of you.

As soon as I said that, I looked at her and smiled. But she looked at me like she was shocked, or confused. Then at that time, I read what I sent her again and then it hit me. Sh!t.

Just kidding. Your reaction is too funny you're taking me seriously.

I said and looked at her. She looked relieved and laughed a bit while looking at me. Ugh, what the hell am I doing.

"Wonyoung-ah! Come downstairs dinner is ready!" my mom called me and I texted Y/n that I was going to eat, so we waved each other goodbye and I closes my window curtains.

Later that night, as I was supposed to sleep, I listened to songs on my playlist. I was ready to slip into dreamland when the lyrics on the song made me open my eyes as I thought of someone.

Y/n...