You & I

Your P.O.V.

I stared at the mirror as I started putting a bit of make-up on my face. To be honest I'm not that good at cosmetics, but hey I'm trying here.

Tonight will be one of the biggest events for the school year, and I can't wait for what's in store for me.

It's 5 in the afternoon and I just finished taking a bath, now I'm fixing myself for this prom.

"Y/n~" my door was opened by my mom who peeked her head in.

"Hey mom." I stopped for a bit and gave her a smile.

"How's the preparation going? You need any help?" she asked and continued to go inside.

"Well, I'm not a make-up expert so an advice would help." I sheepishly smiled.

She giggled and scanned the items on my desk and went on to look at me.

"Hmm... How about I give you more than an advice, since um... It's obvious you're new to this thing." she stated and I laughed, letting her take control of everything.

While she was busy making me pretty, my phone vibrated signaling a notification. I grabbed it from the table and opened it to see a message.

Chaewon
How's my date doing? Are you getting prepared already?

I tried but failed to suppress a giggle. She sure does know how to play with words.

"Based from your reaction I'm guessing that's Chaewon?" I was startled when my mom started teasing me so I gave her a light nudge and laughed.

"Well, yeah. She's just asking if I'm getting ready." I answered and went back to my phone to give a reply.

Your date's doing fine, thanks to mom doing my make-up. If she hadn't come in I think your partner may look like a clown later.

Chaewon
Funny, but I'm sure no matter who does your make-up you'll still look pretty as always.

Jeez, it's a relief that she wasn't saying this now in front of me. If she did I don't think I can handle having a mini heart attack because of her.

Before I can text back, she sent me a message again.

Chaewon
Btw, what time will you go to school?

I'm not sure... But I think I'll be ready before 6:30.

Chaewon
Ok. See you later😉

I put the phone back on my desk as a smile was painted through my lips.

I still can't believe that it's my first time experiencing a prom and yet I get to have it with the heather of the school. Now I'm getting more excited for tonight.

"Aannddd done! What do you think?"

I twirled in my dress as my mom stared at my figure, covering her mouth in awe.

"Honey, you look soo amazing." I can see how sincere she was in her eyes and she walked up to me, carefully hugging me.

"I mean, it's you who I got it from, right?" I giggled against her shoulder and I swear I felt her body tense up a bit.

"Uh, is something wrong?" I asked quietly and she slowly broke the hug, her face suddenly drained of emotions.

"I'm sorry was that an insult?" I laughed to try and lighten the atmosphere but she only faked a laugh, not looking into my eyes.