Slow Journey

(Take the title as a hint/spoiler😉)

Your P.O.V.

After eating breakfast, we cleaned up our mess and left to go home.

As much as I want to stay in this place forever, I have to go back and face the reality.

We hopped on the bus to see there were only a few people inside. So we sat at the very back.

I stared out the window and thought of the possibilities of what might happen when I return home.

Dad got out of jail, my mom who turned out to be my aunt is back there waiting for me. And to be honest, although we've bonded and been through a lot, it's just different now that the truth is out.

I sighed and looked down, trying not to show my weakness. Then a hand intertwined with mine so I looked up beside me to see Wonyoung staring at me.

"Hey, I'm here, okay?" she gave me a reassuring smile and I responded by nodding.

"I'm not going to tell you that everything's going to be fine. But as long as you have me, I'll make sure to keep you safe and warm." she whispered to me.

I almost teared up at what she was telling me, so instead I leaned my head on her shoulder, feeling comfortable with her touch.

"Can you promise me something, Wonyoung-ie?" I asked.

"Anything." she replied.

"Stay with me, through ups and downs. You're the only thing in this world that's keeping me sane and I don't know what I'd do without you." I muttered.

Instead of answering, she put an arm around me and kissed my head.

"Then promise me something too." she told me, so I hummed.

"Don't leave me. Because I don't know what I'd do without you too." a smile formed in my lips although she can't see. I nodded my head as a reply and nuzzled my face against her neck.

"I promise I won't leave you, Wonyoung-ie." I muttered before closing my eyes.

The whole ride home, we stayed at our position and I eventually drifted into dreamland.

"Y/n-ie, we're here." I woke up to Wonyoung nudging me and more people were on the bus already.

We went down the bus and the familiar surroundings welcomed me as I squinted my eyes.

I was still trying to wake myself up so I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Y/n-ie, I'll just go somewhere for a while. Stay here, okay?" she patted my shoulder and crossed the road.

While I waited for her, I sat down at a nearby bench and tried to close my eyes because I was still sleepy. I was slowly drifting off to sleep, but was interrupted.

"Excuse me miss, you can't sleep here." I annoyingly opened my eyes and looked at the man who sat beside me.

I just sighed and stood up, looking at the direction where Wonyoung went. I narrowed my eyes in order to see clearly, then saw her tall figure by a flower stand.

I smiled upon figuring that she was buying flowers, so I decided to follow her.

I looked both sides to avoid being run by a car, and when I saw that they were too far, I went ahead and crossed the road.

But when I was finally in the middle, I noticed at the corner of my eye that a car was speeding towards me. Since I was still sleepy, I didn't have enough time to react.