Beware

Your P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, Y/n."

I blinked a few times to process what she said.

"But I don--"

"You don't need to apologize. It's fine." I told her. But this time, I was looking down and she was the one staring at me.

Silence engulfed us both. Pain was literally hurting my chest. I never thought that when someone had a heartache, they would feel physical pain as well.

"Then what did those things mean?" I looked up at her, expecting an answer.

"That kiss, what you said to me at the rooftop that night, was I just assuming things on my own?" I added, trying to hold back my tears.

If I already feel bad that she rejected me, then now I feel terrible by the way she looked at me. Like she pitied me.

"What?" she quietly asked.

"What do you mean 'what'? You know exactly what I'm talking about, Wonyoung. You can't keep pretending that it didn't happen, because it did!" I told her, the pain in my words slowly turning into anger.

And the more I got upset, the more that I felt vulnerable. My tears finally came out, little by little. But I need to be strong.

I wiped my cheeks and breathed deep. When she saw the state I was in, she moved and walked closer to me. Worry was the first emotion that I finally saw from her, but it was all. She hesitated, and halted.

"I just don't think I'm the perfect person for you." she said.

I didn't reply after that. I can't even look at her in the eyes.

"I hope we can still remain best friends, at least." it broke my heart when she told me that.

It was hard to look at her as a friend when I fell for her. And now, she wants to stay as bestfriends? After rejecting me?

I didn't bother to react and walked away.

I walked out of the building and saw the rest of the girls waiting for us. They were laughing but when they saw me, their smiles faded instantly.

"Y/n, what happened?" Chaeyeon asked and they all looked concerned at me.

"I just wanna go home, please?" I told her and they all nodded.

I was supposed to start walking but I saw their eyes averted behind me. Then I heard footsteps approaching.

I thought they were gonna ask her about what happened, but I felt relieved that they read the atmosphere and we just walked.

After we passed the gate, I turned to the other side. Then I remembered how we used to walk home together. How are we gonna do that now?

"Where are you going Wonyoung? Isn't your home that way?" I heard Hitomi ask.

"I, uh, just need to go somewhere first." I heard her say without looking.

Without hearing another word, I started walking home. But I heard footsteps behind me. I thought she had somewhere to go to?

"Y/n..."

I turned around as I recognized the voice.

"Chaewon?"

She smiled and matched her pace with mine to walk beside me.

"I wanted to walk you home." I returned her smile as a thank you and we both walked quietly.