Sequence

Your P.O.V.

Christmas break ended and we were back to school again.

While on my way to my locker, I saw a group of students gathered on the bulletin board. Since I'm curious, I went to check what they were looking at as well.

"Oohh~ I think this will be the biggest event this school year!"

"I know right! I can't wait already!"

I heard murmurs around me so I tried to push my way through some students to get a grasp of what they were talking about.

As soon as I got in front, I gasped when I saw a poster plastered at the very center of the board.

A dance under the moonlight would be a great way to start the year.
Our school is inviting you to be present at the Prom Night to be held this February.

A PROM?!

"Oh hey Y/n!" I turned around and saw Chaeyeon who also just came here in front.

"Chaeyeon! Look at this!" I excitedly told her and she also gasped when she saw the poster.

"Wow! And it's happening next month too!" she exclaimed.

Before we could continue the conversation, the bell rang and I hurriedly went to the classroom.

"So you guys know that there will be a Prom happening next month, right?" Ms. Im asked.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Well, the student council talked about it and decided that there will be a cotillion." she added.

Our class shared 'ooh's and exchanged glances with each other.

"Ma'am does this mean we must have a partner?" one of them asked.

"Well of course. Your partner will be the one dancing with you in the dance." she answered.

A partner?!

"Ma'am can we choose whoever we like as a partner?" Yeojin asked.

"Yes, whoever you want. It can be your friend, a classmate, or someone from the upperclassmen." Ms. Im replied.

Ooh, it can be anyone. Wait, who do I even ask to be my partner?

"Oh, and before I forget practice for the cotillion will be at the gym. Next week each class will take turns in learning the steps so you all better be present." Ms. Im announced before dismissing us for lunch.

While fixing my things, I thought of who my partner should be.

"Y/n-ie, aren't you excited?!" Wonyoung asked beside me.

"Well, I am. But right now I'm more worried of how to get a partner." I replied.

"Well, the teacher said anyone, right?" she said.

Wait, if it can be anyone.... What if...

"How about you? Do you already have someone in mind?" I asked as we went out and head to the cafeteria.

She then averted her eyes on the ground and scratched her cheek as she thought.

"Well, I thought of y--"

"Hey you two!" Wonyoung was cut off when someone came behind us.

What the?! She though of who?? ARGHHH WHY WAS SHE INTERRUPTED?!

I looked back and saw Yujin as she threw her shoulders at me and Wonyoung, going in between us.

"Yujin!" Wonyoung greeted back and beamed a smile at her.